My first piece of writing in English...

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

misspoem

My first piece of writing in English...

Post by misspoem »

Hey everyone... :D

it's been along time since i started writing in general, but this is my first serious time in English...
my friends liked it but i want to know what would the native speakers of English feel about it...

im not sure if it is a short story, but this is what it was supposed to be at least.. :?

tell me if there's something silly :(
but please dont go harsh on me :oops: OR ELSE :evil:

HERE WE GO >>>>>>>>> 8)

FURY

How odd and strange it is to write to no one..! I know that you are in another world I am veiled from, but you should know few things... you caused me a lot of pain when you passed away... I guess it was rather fear what I felt back then, that because the real pain came afterwards...
You loved me, and you did that with real passion…and I... took it for granted... I loved you too, but…
Anyway, it was just later then when I realized how hard it is for me to be loved in the same way you did... you are gone, and how humble I became... I have nothing to be proud of... totally nothing... and it always occurs to me how come that someone as brilliant and noble as you are- well I mean as you were – would fall in love with the like of me..
I was loved by you all the time... you always loved me and never stopped for a moment, so I have never found my self forced to make any efforts to be worthy of such love..
Do you expect me to thank you for that overwhelming... I am really sorry but I can not... actually you are to be blamed... for every time you looked at me with eye of content, for every word you praised me with , and for every single false thought that had crossed my mind about my self BECAUSE OF YOU..
What an arrogant selfish being you made of me??

I know though that you did not mean it, and that what really breaks my heart and leave me torn apart is... that you did not just convince me with that, but you actually believed your self in these fibs. You probably did not even know they were fibs, did you?
Every word you said!! You meant every thing you did... I wonder now, is that why I believed you???
You know... I do not feel like blaming you any more, and... And you do not have to know any thing about this cruel world you have just departed. But do not worry... one day we will be together again… I always believed in the here-after and hated the idea of nothingness after death…but now my faith has grown stronger, for the here-after is the only place whereabouts I shall be in reunion with you...
And until then, I will go on because I am still alive you see...
And until then... FAREWELL... my darling...

Later, on that night… when the young widow laid her head on her wet pillow, she quickly surrendered to deep sleep… she had a dream, they were walking together... he was there beside her... hand by hand...
The path was gloomy, but they feared nothing... at the far end of the path there was a brilliant light which seemed like their destination...
In the middle of the way, there was that charming tree with its fascinating colors and shapes... yet, it was still a bit freaky probably as a reflection of the surrounding air...
She was a very pretty tree indeed, but if you pondered carefully, you would see some really ugly parts... especially, those painful thorns hidden within colorful roses scattered everywhere...
When the couple reached that tree, he gently pulled his hand out of hers... he laid her with tenderness on the safest where he could see...
Then with a slight smile on his face, he went away pointing to the light at the end of the road... he walked until he got to the light, and kept walking until he was engulfed by the light…..

On the next morning... when she woke up, she was smiling...
She did not know why... but for some reason she was delighted and at ease…

THE END

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :? WAHT DO YOU THINK??????? :?
misspoem

Post by misspoem »

what??? :shock:
is it really that bad??? :(
it is the first time that i actually finish something i started, so just one-word comment..

pleeeeeeease..

is it poor or boring??? should i stop posting my writings and give up the whole idea of being novelist #1 in KSA???

you can answer with YES or NO if you like... just tell me what you think... O.K.
Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Ms.A.Z »

Hi miss poem,

Honestly speaking I did read your post but I couldn't finish it, it was too long :shock: and bit boring :oops: Sorry.The begning of the post was interesting but then :roll: .

You can write,thats for sure true so don't give up 8) .All you need to know is what your reader would like to read and how to make it bit interesting and spicy so that they keep reading and reading.Make your post bit shorter or divide into parts and post each every day or week (make your reader curious to know what will happen next)things like that.

:wink:
InLove
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by InLove »

hic you should only post a writing, it seems to be depressed.
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

what??? How do you dare to say it's bad??? This story is wonderful!
Crazyalb

Post by Crazyalb »

I like it too!
I don't see any mistake!
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

How odd and strange it is to write to no one..! I know that you are in another world I am veiled from, but you should know few things... you caused me a lot of pain when you passed away... I guess it was rather fear what I felt back then, that because the real pain came afterwards...
You loved me, and you did that with real passion…and I... took it for granted... I loved you too, but…
Anyway, it was just later then when I realized how hard it is for me to be loved in the same way you did... you are gone, and how humble I became... I have nothing to be proud of... totally nothing... and it always occurs to me how come that someone as brilliant and noble as you are- well I mean as you were – would fall in love with the like of me..
I was loved by you all the time... you always loved me and never stopped for a moment, so I have never found my self forced to make any efforts to be worthy of such love..
Do you expect me to thank you for that overwhelming... I am really sorry but I can not... actually you are to be blamed... for every time you looked at me with eye of content, for every word you praised me with , and for every single false thought that had crossed my mind about my self BECAUSE OF YOU..
What an arrogant selfish being you made of me??
Especially this part is written good with a lot of feelings, but so sad... Personally I dn't like sad writings.
ansheng

great

Post by ansheng »

great~
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

i like it :D
misspoem

Post by misspoem »

oh my god oh my god
i'm so glad, i posted it three months ago & was very depressed when no one replied ...
thank you Ms.A.Z
( :oops: my literature instructor pointed that too )
and every one, thank you..
truth is my writing is more effective & intersting in Arabic i know this is natural, but i want to have equal capibility in both...
thanks again.. :D