Considerate dolls

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

Samothwei

Considerate dolls

Post by Samothwei »

This is a story about dolls. A magazine editor got a pair of dolls from Japan. He put them in a glass box, putting the box on the head of his bed. As an editor, it is normal to work until very night. One night, he was busy in doing the manuscripts as usual; he heard footsteps from his back. Then he turned around. To his great astonishment, a little and short girl stood beside the door and looked at him. It is one of his dolls! One the spot, he decided to pretend that he didn’t see anything and then continued to work.
Next day he rushed to his bed and checked the box if the dolls were in it and the dolls were still there. Before long, the same situation happened again. He heard footsteps from his back when he was working. He turned around and this time he found that two dolls came together beside the door, looking at him with pitch-dark eyes! He was frightened to death but he chose to work rather than face them.
Despite the fact that he felt scared and hardly believed what he saw, he made up his mind to have a talk to the dolls next time. As usual, he was busying in dealing with the manuscripts. He heard the footsteps again, and it seemed to be not only two dolls. He swung around and then found that the dolls took his girlfriend’s Tedy bear as well.
“Uh...well, actually, you’re really disturbing me... ” he said.
“You want me go to bed early,right? “
And then he saw the dolls slowly nodded to him.
“But that is my job. I am used to it. ”
“I’ll take care of myself; you don’t have to worry about me.”
Later, the dolls disappeared along with Tedy bear….
Oneal

Post by Oneal »

it's a little scary at the begining,
but in the end it's kind of warm of heart
nice try,bro
Samothwei

Post by Samothwei »

Oneal wrote:it's a little scary at the begining,
but in the end it's kind of warm of heart
nice try,bro

Well, I think I still have room for improvement. :)