It seems like only yesterday!

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

tungvn

It seems like only yesterday!

Post by tungvn »

"NICEST POST OF THE MONTH"

My grandma

For the first six years of my life I was raised by my grandma, who will stay in my heart as the most beautiful example. We lived in a very small community and all of my aunts and uncles lived nearby.

When I was a very little kid, nearly two years-old, I had not spoken as well as other kids of my age. She had been very worried. When i could finally say my first word correctly "Mumma", she was extremely happy and she cried, held me tight in her arms. I could not also forget my first step, when i could stand up on my feet. I did not know that to keep me going ahead, she had had to get down on her knee to save me safely. When i looked back, i saw some blood on the floor but i did not know that it was from her knee. I only saw happy smiles on her face.

When i grew up a bit more, she became my first teacher, who taught me my "A, B,C...", how to write. I can still picture her tears when I could write "Grandma".

Some things are important and expensive I forget, but my memories of her are always clear in my mind. it seems like only yesterday. From the bottom of my heart, I would like to say: "Grandma, I love you!"

What about you guys ?

Tung.
24th Mar. 2007 :idea:
http://v.then.to
babara
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by babara »

This makes me missing my grandma too :)I and my grandma're very close to each other but she passed away 5 years ago. And Congratulation, Tungvn for NICEST POST OF THE MONTH!! :D
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Yes!! It is the nicest post. He/she deserve it...
Khokha

Congratulation tungvn

Post by Khokha »

I like What you wrote. For me, I only saw my grandma tow times 15 years ago and I don't feel as you or I can't. :wink: