EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

PIETY

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Re: PIETY

Postby Krisi » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:17 am

denvinbo wrote:
Krisi wrote:You're very creative Denvinbo! Great! :)

Thanks...I will try for more.... :wink:

Yes, Please!
click --> Happy Valentine!
always.

:-)
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby denvinbo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:24 am

Last latter to Dad

_Dear my lovely dad!
_It is a year since we putted the congratulation cards on the kitchen table, hoped to hoped that you would wake up one morning to read it. But you were in deep of black night's darkness, volunteered, I guessed, to share your hurt to us because your gone in Father's Day....
_There's no card this year. Only our last letter to you, dad...
_Many times after your gone, I still "felt sick" rushing out to check my mail-box, hope that there would be something from you. Since I left home few years ago, your letters were the strong support for my unstable life. The funny letters, brought many news, contained the typing-machine's sound: the movies I should watch or not; the most Hot Bad Reputation in university; a trip around the world with grandma; Giay graduated the law university and was engaged to Debra on my birthday; Mitch venture way to Hollywood; birthdays, deathdays, and separations....
_Sometimes, few letters contained money; I didn't understand but you did.
_I kept all your letters for me, in order when I became old, I would flew dust on the box and open those letters as open a present box. Each letter's page is our family and world photos, took shape every years. Now, I can't believe that I open it sooner than I thought!.....

This is the part 1..... :mrgreen:
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Krisi » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:43 am

denvinbo wrote:Last latter to Dad

_Dear my lovely dad!
_It is a year since we putted the congratulation cards on the kitchen table, hoped to hoped that you would wake up one morning to read it. But you were in deep of black night's darkness, volunteered, I guessed, to share your hurt to us because your gone in Father's Day....
_There's no card this year. Only our last letter to you, dad...
_Many times after your gone, I still "felt sick" rushing out to check my mail-box, hope that there would be something from you. Since I left home few years ago, your letters were the strong support for my unstable life. The funny letters, brought many news, contained the typing-machine's sound: the movies I should watch or not; the most Hot Bad Reputation in university; a trip around the world with grandma; Giay graduated the law university and was engaged to Debra on my birthday; Mitch venture way to Hollywood; birthdays, deathdays, and separations....
_Sometimes, few letters contained money; I didn't understand but you did.
_I kept all your letters for me, in order when I became old, I would flew dust on the box and open those letters as open a present box. Each letter's page is our family and world photos, took shape every years. Now, I can't believe that I open it sooner than I thought!.....

This is the part 1..... :mrgreen:

Nice! This is very touching Denvinbo! Where's the continuation?
Where are you Denvinbo? :)
always.

Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby denvinbo » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:37 am

_A wonderful year always appeared in your letter. Your students were miserable in "fighting with the winning and greediness", preparing to have a term examination. Festival invitations were hand to hand and everyone in Family were coming to the town to help you have a new year. You wished Bary and I were lucky when we passed the village road to Minnestota.....

=.=.=.=

_You didn't consider about your cancer had just been examined 3 days before Christmas, until the dangerous stage. On top of the letter, you asked me how was my life in Siberia.....ah no....in Minnestota and guaranteed with me that you would be the best novelist in your generation. Of course, on bottom, you said through the tested treatment syllabus in Arizona that your doctor had decided... "I don't know what is it!", you wrote, "Let me check it out". You also repeated that your life would be continue and promised me you would live until 100 years old...

=.=.=.=

_I knew that you had cut short hair, had lunch with friends, fought with the income-tax and decided to cancel the trip to New York "because the weather there was not suitable". Before putted down the pen, you said about the prescription made you tired as flu and apologized for all the mistake of typing. I didn't notice. That was a boring trip, at last you recognized but you had gone. "Wearing warmly", you ended, "and give your prayers to me"....

=.=.=.=

_The chosen news about daily life were moved to the last paragraph. You stated, by told me you were very thankful because your life became better; you kept on believing and hoping. You were waiting for retirement. You joked that you were losing weight, described yourself as a "dry plum bark" and asserted that when Bary and I returned on the last day of month, you would gain weight. I sent 6 nutrition packs, "thin protein" for you to drink with coffee, your favorite drink, I began feeling powerless....

=.=.=.=

_Mom and dad wanted to come to Minnestota to visit us. You thanked me because understood that you felt more comfortable when you were in hotel. You began cleaning up your office to prepare to retire although that was a big plan you had made a schedule you would do it "during summer". But so, I felt that my trust was shaky. After 3 months, I was afraid that you couldn't kept your promise to live until 100 years old. I prayed you would be here to see the turning yellow leaves on September....
_And now, I put down your letter, in my mind, there's so much memories returning...Your overflow voice lulled me to sleep when I was a child, you woke up with me at 5 o'clock without complaint, you taught me French, took me passed the teenager and wrote the address for 200 guest to my wedding...How is my life without you, dad?.....

This is part 2...I will continue soon.... :wink:

denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Krisi » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:03 am

denvinbo wrote:_A wonderful year always appeared in your letter. Your students were miserable in "fighting with the winning and greediness", preparing to have a term examination. Festival invitations were hand to hand and everyone in Family were coming to the town to help you have a new year. You wished Bary and I were lucky when we passed the village road to Minnestota.....

=.=.=.=

_You didn't consider about your cancer had just been examined 3 days before Christmas, until the dangerous stage. On top of the letter, you asked me how was my life in Siberia.....ah no....in Minnestota and guaranteed with me that you would be the best novelist in your generation. Of course, on bottom, you said through the tested treatment syllabus in Arizona that your doctor had decided... "I don't know what is it!", you wrote, "Let me check it out". You also repeated that your life would be continue and promised me you would live until 100 years old...

=.=.=.=

_I knew that you had cut short hair, had lunch with friends, fought with the income-tax and decided to cancel the trip to New York "because the weather there was not suitable". Before putted down the pen, you said about the prescription made you tired as flu and apologized for all the mistake of typing. I didn't notice. That was a boring trip, at last you recognized but you had gone. "Wearing warmly", you ended, "and give your prayers to me"....

=.=.=.=

_The chosen news about daily life were moved to the last paragraph. You stated, by told me you were very thankful because your life became better; you kept on believing and hoping. You were waiting for retirement. You joked that you were losing weight, described yourself as a "dry plum bark" and asserted that when Bary and I returned on the last day of month, you would gain weight. I sent 6 nutrition packs, "thin protein" for you to drink with coffee, your favorite drink, I began feeling powerless....

=.=.=.=

_Mom and dad wanted to come to Minnestota to visit us. You thanked me because understood that you felt more comfortable when you were in hotel. You began cleaning up your office to prepare to retire although that was a big plan you had made a schedule you would do it "during summer". But so, I felt that my trust was shaky. After 3 months, I was afraid that you couldn't kept your promise to live until 100 years old. I prayed you would be here to see the turning yellow leaves on September....
_And now, I put down your letter, in my mind, there's so much memories returning...Your overflow voice lulled me to sleep when I was a child, you woke up with me at 5 o'clock without complaint, you taught me French, took me passed the teenager and wrote the address for 200 guest to my wedding...How is my life without you, dad?.....

This is part 2...I will continue soon.... :wink:

Nice Denvinbo! Please make it soon... :)
always.

Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby denvinbo » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:40 am

Thanks, krisi.... :)

denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby denvinbo » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:19 am

_Your thin and weak hands used to write my name and address on the envelope, use the glued paper to cover the mistakes. I opened the letter slowly, saw fixedly to the sticked lines and the mistakes that you - a right-grammar expert - tried to fix. "This typing-machine is too slow", you explained, "I think we should buy a computer"..
_In a whole valuable time, I felt a little excited: You would be fine; You would buy a computer. But your lovely sentences brought me the trust: "Live finely, happily and don't sing the sad carols", you wrote, "And when you think of me, you should smile"....
_The next week, I recognized that I would never have another letter. I held my telephone and heard your voice, that I should come home then...
_A year passed since your death on Father's Day, dad...

=.=.=.=

_At that time, I bet that I would never go to buy Father's Day cards without crying. But last week, I realized that I chose many cards - silly, limp, strict....many - And I didn't have any problems in buying a card. That's for Bary - your whole-heart son-in-law, became a father last 2 months...
_And the life continue. Birth, death, and birth, but when I was from a child to a mother, I realized that no one can replace your position - a humorous father, valiant and attractive - or the wonderful letters, sometimes it contain your hurt that covered and brought me up when I was young to 29 years old...
_Sleeping peacefully, dad, you should know that when I think about you in Father's Day and others, there's no sad carols, only smiles....
Your lovely daughter..
Gail !

Denvinbo! :wink:

denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Krisi » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:10 pm

denvinbo wrote:_Your thin and weak hands used to write my name and address on the envelope, use the glued paper to cover the mistakes. I opened the letter slowly, saw fixedly to the sticked lines and the mistakes that you - a right-grammar expert - tried to fix. "This typing-machine is too slow", you explained, "I think we should buy a computer"..
_In a whole valuable time, I felt a little excited: You would be fine; You would buy a computer. But your lovely sentences brought me the trust: "Live finely, happily and don't sing the sad carols", you wrote, "And when you think of me, you should smile"....
_The next week, I recognized that I would never have another letter. I held my telephone and heard your voice, that I should come home then...
_A year passed since your death on Father's Day, dad...

=.=.=.=

_At that time, I bet that I would never go to buy Father's Day cards without crying. But last week, I realized that I chose many cards - silly, limp, strict....many - And I didn't have any problems in buying a card. That's for Bary - your whole-heart son-in-law, became a father last 2 months...
_And the life continue. Birth, death, and birth, but when I was from a child to a mother, I realized that no one can replace your position - a humorous father, valiant and attractive - or the wonderful letters, sometimes it contain your hurt that covered and brought me up when I was young to 29 years old...
_Sleeping peacefully, dad, you should know that when I think about you in Father's Day and others, there's no sad carols, only smiles....
Your lovely daughter..
Gail !

Denvinbo! :wink:

Devinbo how did you do this? This is really very touching. Yes to think of humane's life's cycle is really heart breaking.
You're really excellent in writing a story. I wish I could be as talented as you Denvinbo! :)
Thank very very much!!!
always.

Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby denvinbo » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:46 pm

Thanks for your commands..... :)

denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Krisi » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:10 pm

denvinbo wrote:Thanks for your commands..... :)

It's really interesting... I'm really wondering, how you could create those situations Denvinbo. Nice! :wink:
always.

Krisi
Ethereal Member

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Writing