EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

PIETY

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Re: PIETY

Postby Krisi » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:54 pm

Your story sounded real... you're funny.

What's next? :-D
click --> Happy Valentine!
always.

:-)
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby denvinbo » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:29 pm

When I was in secondary school, I knew dad was extremely odd. In grade 8th, I'm the only one never got into an airplane. And everything became worse when I knew the other's parents, no one called their picture album: "Steam sound", took photos with the steam train had a lot of smoke. And no one was teased by the neighbor because of remembering train run-time, East and North route. Ignoring them, dad still like entertaining by imitating train sound, that made the dog yelled all day.

In grade 9th, the "hottest" girl in my class was Krista Marshall chose me to be her best friend, but dad nearly ruined my life. One day, I invited Krista to have holiday with my family. Because of excitement, I forgot the meaning of dad "holiday" was different from the others. Other people liked Disneyland, went to a beach or relaxed at a hotel but dad liked camping in a forest in Adirondacks.

Because we weren't lucky on the first night, it rained. But it would have been small thing if dad hadn't liked fixing things by himself and hadn't binded the old tents together, so we weren't leaked. After 4 days got up with wet clothes, walked total 10 miles and eaten stewed beef... finally we could go home by car.

Poor Krista - her body was stung by insects - she was very frightened when dad parked the car aside the road and disappeared into the forest....

To be continued...... ;-)
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby denvinbo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:27 am

- Why do we stop? - She said with fear and afraid that we was going to have another camp.
Mom smiled like everything and everyone was normal:
- Frank goes to take some photos.

Krista was terrified when dad hanged himself on the tree 7 meters distance from the ground to take the best photos. The train was late and we had to wait on the car for 45 minutes. Krista tried not to cry, and I felt wretched, I asked myself how could the person had no malice like dad ruin his children's lucky time?

But I had to admit that dad didn't ruin my life. It turned out that Krista's parents weren't normal, too. They had a big paper hanged over the hold on the wall with the words: "What do you want to see here?". Krista always tried to unravel the paper before her friends came over but the paper always re-appeared with glorious winning. With that similar points, the friendship between Krista and me was warmer.

And I should admit that I wasn't ashamed because of odd behavior, I always loved and admired dad's freely spirit. Actually, he didn't care about what other people thought. In the girls group, no one had father dared to "lift" a trip to go around Latin America to take photos of train when he was a student in university. No one had a father spent time to call upon environment protectors by going by train. Dad was an independent thinking person. It was wonderful because I liked it, too. I didn't care if my socks was suitable, or they laughed me, as long as I believed life would be fair. Might be I inherited from dad, might be I was dad's copy... Surely, I always prided of that things. Right, having a liberal father was more interesting than having a father always tried to build his fake skin. That's the reason I loved my dad very much - The fantastic thing that none of my friends had...

Denvinbo! ;-)

denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Krisi » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:23 am

Nice Denvinbo!!! :-) I like this very, very much... Thank you. :-)
always.

Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby denvinbo » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:06 am

PIETY will be revived someday.... :-)

denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby denvinbo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:40 am

Never forget!

Mom liked strawberry malt. At the end of life, dad and mom lived in an old-age centre. Because of mom's Alzheimer, dad was exhausted and could not take care of her anymore. But both of them loved each other, hand in hand, the couple walked around the corridor, visited friends, transfer love. They are the romantic people of the old-age centre.

When recognizing that mom's situation became worse, I wrote a letter and said that I love her. I asked her if she could forgive the things I had done, that she was a great person. And the most, I'm proud of being her son. I said all the things from my deeply heart, that I always loved her but I was stubborn and didn't say that words until now. A letter contained true love. Dad said that mom spent time to read it times to times.

I was very sad when I knew that she could not recognize me. She usually asked: "Ah hey, what's your name boy?" and I replied happily that I was Larry and I was her son. She smiled and took my hand. I wish that I could be at that time again.

(Be continue....)

denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby denvinbo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:21 am

Once I visited her, I stopped at the malt shop near my house to buy for them some strawberry malt. I visited mom first, introduced myself another time, talked a few minutes and then brought the remain strawberry malt to dad's room.

When I came back, mom nearly finished eating, she lied on the bed but she still awake. Both of us smiled when I walked into the room. Without saying a word, I dragged the chair next to the bed and took my mom's hand. I quietly asserted my love to her. In the silent room, I felt the magic of unconditional love of me and her, although she could not aware who was taking her hand. Or she was taking my hand?

10 minutes later, I felt that mom fastened gently my hand... 3 times. Quickly and immediately, I knew that she was saying something that no need to listen.

The magic of unconditional love was brought up by holy power and our inmagination. I could not believe it!

(Be continue.....)

denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby denvinbo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:33 am

Although she could not express her silent thinking like before, words were not needed. I felt that mom came back in a moment.

Long time ago, when they were finding each other, mom found a very special way to say to dad: "I love you!" when they were sitting at the church. Dad took her hand gently and said: "Me too".

I fastened her hand 3 times. She turned round and gave me a smile that I never forgot - the smile would be with me through my lifetime. Her face was bright with love.

I still remembered how she expressed her unconditional love to dad, to family, to friends. Her love still effect deeply in my life...

8 to 10 minutes passed, no one said a word. Suddenly, mom looked at me and said:
- The important thing is there's someone love us!

I cried. The tears of happy. I hugged her, gently and warmly, said to her how I loved, missed her and turned round to wipe the tears.

Mom died for some day later.

I always remembered the things she said with me before she died. It was short, but it was the most meaning and sacred time that I never forgot through my lifetime.....

Denvinbo! :-D

denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Krisi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:30 pm

touching story, denvinbo.

Thanks. :-)
always.

Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby denvinbo » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:33 am

The broken-bread box

In former time, I was a starting criminal-warden women. The criminal women I sponsored had different age; job, trait and trespassing case were different too. But the hurt of being away from their children was the general reason could make those sometimes cruel women sit together. After meeting family or receiveing a letter, they shared each other about their children, sometimes laughing and sometimes crying...

Renee was one of the criminal women. Having baby when 20 years old, involved by her lover and became a heroin container, then sentenced 7 years in prison, left her 4 years old son for her parents. They said to the boy that his mom was studying far away. Sometimes, Renee met her son, she promise him she would come back home wih him.

One day, in duty-time, I saw Renee sobbing. Renee just met her son, the boy pinched Renee come back with him soon.
- Mom, take me to the Swan lake, I have saved a lot of broken-bread! - The boy showed off innocently...

(Be continue....)

denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Writing