Please I need your help in grammar.

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Please I need your help in grammar.

Post by Dixie »

yolandajmg wrote:
I was getting out of my car when I saw her by

a)passes b)passed c)to pass d) pass.
d) pass : I was getting out of my car when I saw her pass by.
yolandajmg wrote:I always thought that with verbs life see, hear, smell, watch and notice were constucted as follows:

I saw the birds singing and I thought the correct way of this sentence would be I was getting out of my car when I saw her passing by.

Does anyone know why isn´t with present participle?
I think there's no such thing as "present participle" :roll: You must mean past participle. Anyway, what you proposed is right, too: "I was getting out of my car when I saw her passing by". Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Anyway, you can ask Alan in the Help Desk ;)
Selene

Post by Selene »

Hi,
I was getting out of my car when I saw her passing by or pass by.Both ways sound good to me.
I use to hate those kinds of exercises . They should use a better way to teach those verb rules.
Jamesbond

Post by Jamesbond »

I had IELTS test and scored 7.0 ,if you need I can give you some adivice about it .
Jamesbond
I love English treating that as a part of my life .So glad to make friends with you .Altogether we can make efforts on English studying and finally we'll make it !!!Expecting you can contact with me for chatting .let's help each other!GOGO!
mali
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mali »

Mr. Yolandajmg here please first you inform you you are asking the answer from your choises are we can give you our answer.
HI, I AM M. ALI, 30 YEARS OLD, HOLDING MASTER AND LLB DEGREE, WORKING AN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION, VISITED AROUND 25 COUNTRIES. LOOKING GOOD FRIEND
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

I think so, too. [grammatically]

But passing is not in the list. :mrgreen:

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.