EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Tips for Speaking

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Lead Answer

Postby anneparker » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:23 pm

Really needed these kind of tips for speaking English , i am really into to speaking English. Well, when i will lead to the success then i will help to others .

http://www.answers.com/topic/lead-10
anneparker

Re: Tips for Speaking

Postby clevermae » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:38 pm

Improve your Learning Skills! Learning is a skill and it can be improved.

Your path to learning effectively is through knowing:

-yourself
-your capacity to learn
-processes you have successfully used in the past
-your interest, and knowledge of what you wish to learn

Don't be in too much of a hurry. You're setting off on a long journey and there'll be delays and frustrations along the way. Sometimes you'll be in the fast lane and other times you'll be stuck in traffic, but there will also be lots of interesting things and interesting people along the way. :geek:
clevermae
Silver Member

Postby Matian » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:38 pm

The main reason why we English learners fail in conversing efficiently is that we are in a dilemma that what if we say something that doesn’t make sense or sometimes we are just feel shy to speak to someone because we don’t know how to strike a conversation or something like that.

Here are few tips to improve your speaking skill in English:

1.Build your confidence: The first thing is to have confidence in yourself and in your speaking. Not having confidence is just a mental blockage and try not to be shy.

2.Try NOT to translate: If you translate the words from your Mother tongue, The order of words is completely different and you will be both slow and incorrect by doing this. Instead, learn phrases and sentences so you don’t have to think about the words you are saying. It should be automatic.

Another problem with translating is that you will be trying to incorporate grammar rules that you have learned. Translating and thinking about the grammar to create English sentences is incorrect and should be avoided.

3. speak out loud: when you study, don’t just listen. Speak out loud the material you are listening to and practice what you hear. Practice speaking out loud until your mouth and brain can do it without any effort. By doing so, you will be able to speak English fluently.

4.Practice: Without practice, nothing can be achieved. You must practice what you learn – new words, grammar and some of the phrases I mentioned.

5. Don’t speak too fast! It’s important to use a natural rhythm when speaking English, but if you speak too fast it will be difficult for people to understand you.

6.Expand your vocabulary: What you need to do is watch English movies with subtitles. As soon as you see and listen a new word, write it down and look for its meaning in a dictionary. Look on the internet to find sentences with that word. Pronounce the word many times to make it second nature. Review the words for two weeks at least and they will be a part of your vocabulary.

You got to watch a movie and boosted your word knowledge at the same time. Reading novels is another great way to learn new words and their use in different situations. So pick up a nice and interesting novel from your local library and start the learning process right away

7. surround yourself with English: You can do this by making rules with your existing friends that you will only speak English. You can also carry around an iPod and constantly listen to English sentences. As you can see, you can achieve results by changing what your surroundings are. Submerge yourself in English and you will learn several times faster.

8.Find native friends and speak with them: there so many sources for chatting through internet which make you able to communicate with people around the worlds,so you can be connected and speak as much as you want.
have fun :)

for improve the other skill you can refer to my website
http://www.englishbyidioms.com
Matian

Postby ChenYanRu » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:00 am

I study English beginner
I thought that many and the human practices the dialog to have the help very much!
:)
ChenYanRu

Postby easylsl » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:33 am

Thank You for your advice
i don't have anyone with whom i can interact in English. i will surely take the help of ht ips provided by you to improve my speech :)
easylsl

Postby newmohsen » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:13 pm

I think the best Idea is that try to speak with people on skype, so if u like add me there my ID is mohsen_hoseini
newmohsen

Postby cursosen » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:05 am

Speaking of any language is an art. The most of the people learn speaking any language with help of coaching classes, through tv, radio etc.
cursosen

Postby neelus » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:20 am

Everyone here is providing excellent tips for speaking English.I feel that practicing English with books or materials wont help to speak perfect English.So i have started practicing English with videos http://www.youtube.com/user/twominenglish practicing speaking with videos helps to learn English fast.
neelus

Postby JustinEng » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:29 am

Wow, some great ideas here indeed.
I think that if you want to improve your spoken English, it would be a good idea to practise speaking. Repeat the conversations in your favourite movies to help exercise the muscles in your mouth and try to start slow and gradually build up speed.
Another idea is that if you want a partner to talk to but you live in a non-English country, try to find one on a website like http://www.livemocha.com or perhaps http://www.meetup.com.
I hope that helps {-:
JustinEng

Postby Sabrina » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:44 am

Great ideas everybody. Thanks. I stumbled in to this while looking for sites which helped you practice spoken English with native speakers.Pls share know any other options. It seems like there are not many good options.
Sabrina

PreviousNext

Return to Help Each Other with English