EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Tips for Speaking

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Re: Tips for Speaking

Postby denvinbo » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:14 am

Say whatever you think....never worry about the grammar......but you should check cursory before talk it out....... :)
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby ahmedxzxz » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:29 pm

that is a good tip for speaking...
ahmedxzxz
Silver Member

Postby forum » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:21 am

Do you think you would be interested in an online chat room, where you could chat in English using voice?

I am thinking of starting one on my site http://askjohn.seesaa.net, but I am not sure if people would be interested in it.

What do you think?
John
Free English Lessons: http://www.askjohnenglish.com/
forum
Silver Member

Re: self learning"

Postby alkhader » Sat May 17, 2008 1:09 pm

Good Afternoon Gents,

I am completely agree with the person who gave us the way of "Self Learning" which tells us that you have to bring recorder and cassettes then start to speak about any subject comes across your mind. after that listen to your speaking MANY TIMES then you can easily figure out your weakness points and you can see how good you are in speaking? And you will know who you start your conversation with polite words and sentences.

Start do that job always and time to time see how many changes have you done during short period

I really appreciate you all for your nice information and 4 subjects you submit :D

Your Always
Alkhader Ali
alkhader

Postby Zooboy » Sat May 24, 2008 2:58 am

QUOTING Alkhader Ali
I am completely agree with the person who gave us the way of "Self Learning" which tells us that you have to bring recorder and cassettes then start to speak about any subject comes across your mind.

Yes,... and nowadays, with gimmicks like mini MP3 recorder and player,.. the problem of feeling embarassed being seen carrying a big mini-cassette-recorder is solved.

My private students do this when they attend seminars, business presentation, even English-speaking church sermons ...
They just record them, bring home and copy onto their computer hardrive and use them as self-learning listening exercises.

Hope this can inspire you too ... ;-)

Cheers,...

Zooboy
Zooboy
Silver Member

Postby thomasz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:17 am

we have may difficult methods to speak English.so I like to talk with England to listen better.
thomasz

Postby emilykorea » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:41 am

thanks for sharing..but as they always say..practice makes perfect..:)
emilykorea
Silver Member

Re: Correct me if i'm wrong

Postby Hypercube » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:41 am

strawberrypynk wrote:hi everyone..

i'm new here. i really need your help. some people says that we can improve our english by speaking with people. but then, i dont have enough confidence to speak, especially with people who speaks english fluently. please give some advice and motivate me because i really need it and please corrent my sentence. Thank you very much ;-)

Don't worry about it. Native speakers actually like it when you speak English. They can see you're making an effort. I grew up in rural Canada speaking only French. When I turned 16, I decided to go to an English school in Montreal. I didn't have much confidence at first either... Oral exams were a complete nightmare, as well as the essays we had to hand in. That was until I met some people who were interested in the same stuff as me. I say you should get to know some people, no matter how hard it can seem to you. You will notice that the more you know someone, the more confident you will get, and your English will improve considerably over the months :D
Hypercube

Postby danni » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:21 am

HI guys been here twice now,i always like to go into forums because i like to share some of my ideas too.Right now i am in Asia doing some schooling.I have the opportunity of tutoring some Koreans here & what i did is read,read,read & read books to widen my vocabularies.It's quite hard to teach them cause some of them don't really speak the language,but mind you they're really good at grammar.It is just the way you view things i guess,if you think it's easy it will be easy, just practice,practice & practice the language.This is where i am now,there's some forums in there too that you can read & get some tips in speaking the language.

http://www.filmschool.com
danni

Postby Asep » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:36 am

As Pirate said about his/her Australian English teacher, trying to practice speaking English alone might be one of those useful ways of practicing our speaking skills. I believe this proves effective, at least I figured it out when I was once informed of this trick by one of the best English teachers I had back in 2002. He once told me he used to practice speaking all by himself and that trick worked for him. I don't know if this trick can work for anybody else. Despite the need for being good at speaking, I've rarely spoken myself. The truth is, I've always found it much more effective when I speak with a partner (especially a good friend), as I can more easily come up with lots of ideas.
Asep
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Help Each Other with English