"at the extreme end of the spectrum" means ??? Plz

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

honeylovely

"at the extreme end of the spectrum" means ??? Plz

Post by honeylovely »

I have read this text for many times but I cannot understand the meaning of the phrase in Italic. Please explain it for me if you understand .
Anam is two years old and in council care. Her general health is good, she has no behavioural difficulties and she has eyes like saucers. That those eyes cannot see, however, is one of her multiple disabilities. She can move her hands and legs, but is otherwise immobile. She is very passive, but will respond to loud noise. She doesn't smile, but she does express contentment with a facial expression, say the adoption people at Brent council in north London, who are looking for a loving family to take her on.
While Anam may be at the extreme end of the spectrum, most of those being "looked after" by local authorities, as the jargon has it, come with consid erable baggage. As one London social services director puts it: "The people who want to adopt babies outnumber the babies by 1,000 to one. The people who want to adopt our children are outnumbered by the children probably three to one."

Thank you in advance.
honeylovely
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Based on the whole text you're quoting, I think it means Anam's condition is not good; therefore, Anam nam trong group cuoi cung de duoc chon nuoi duong.
honeylovely

Post by honeylovely »

Wow, you replied to my question so soon. Thanks alot LennyeTran.
Have a nice day.
Bye. And thanks again.
Honeylovely