I need a help

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

mybikiny

I need a help

Post by mybikiny »

hello everyone, i'm new comer and i wonder who can give me some tips for my listening skill. i listen very bad and writting too. i'm very confuse when i hear the film or the pronunciation of the other people. could you please to help me sovle this problem. if has any mistake in this sentences,please don't tell me stupid
Robert

Be confident

Post by Robert »

Don't say that you are stupid or something like that. Be confident. Trust your natral ability to learn Enlgish. No pains, no gains. A person who works hard and never gives up is the winner in the end. Time will tell everything.
Here is a tip for improving your listening ability: choose an English listeing program that is at your level on the radio and keep listening it as possible. And write every words you listen.
Not only will that improve your listeing, but also your English writing. And if you repeat after what the speaker said, you'll improve your English speaking as well.
mybikiny

thank you so much about that.

Post by mybikiny »

thank you very much ROBERT. you are a one who can understand my problem. Can i ask you a one more question about that. sometime i can't hear the word that i known it very well. can you tell me how can i hear the long sentences in the topics or on the television.ONE AGAIN, THANK YOU SO MUCH ABOUT YOUR TIPS. I WILL FOLLOW ANYTHING YOU TELL ME.
Robert

"How to catch the meaning of "long sentences"

Post by Robert »

listen: to try to understand what the speaker is saying
hear: not to try to understnad what the speaker is saying
There are 2 things that you can do while you are listening to a programme:
1. Just hear and don't try to focus on the words which you don't know; write every word you can understand and read them often and say it loudly with your mouth.
2. Use the translation software and try to guess and spell the words which you don't know what the speaker just said.

"How to catch up(understand) the meaning of long sentences."
The most important thing to understand the meaning of sentences:
When you are reading or listening something, you should read or listen partly. Don't read or listen words by words. If you do that words by words, you'll surely understand nothing. You should read(catch up) the main idea of an essay.

Here is an example of reading or listening partly
Ex: How to catch up(understand) the meaning of long sentences
step1: how(question adverb)
step2:to catch up(to+v)
step3: the meaning(the+noun)
step4: of long sentences(prep.+adj.+noun used to modify the former words"the meaning")
* This problem was cuased by english grammar
* How to solve this problem:
Try to do the things above, step by step, read some sentences and do that.
And you'll improve your english day by day