Teenagers and problems

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Charmante

Teenagers and problems

Post by Charmante »

HELP urgently needed!!! I`m dying because of lack of information!!! I`m from Russia and have to write a scientific work titled 'The psychological portrait of a global teenager'. I`m discerning Russian, British and American teens. Have any ideas??!!If it is not so difficult to you could you send them to my e-mail because I`m not sure I`ll find this address(((
Charmante61@rambler.ru or Nattiethegirl@yandex.ru
Thank you!!!!Your experience is much appreciated!!!You can write about everything that bugs you, disturbs you.....
Nataly.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

I don't think you will find any help here. You will have to be more specific. Why is it, that it is the Russian professors who always make their students do such stupid papers, anyway?
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

:)

'The psychological portrait of a global teenager'. :) I would help to you but I'm not good at Psychology portraits. (it is not my speciality)
Charmante

Post by Charmante »

Xkalibur, thank you anyway! I would be happy to meet you in ICQ)mine is 279269833 or 285676178
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Charmante wrote:Xkalibur, thank you anyway! I would be happy to meet you in ICQ)mine is 279269833 or 285676178

Hi,:) I would be happy to meet you, too. My ICQ is 243232017 (I don't use it very often, you can leave massages, I will read them). I think it would be better
to contact via e-mail. So, do you want me to send you a letter? (By the way, I have no relationship with the Psychology, my specialty is mechanical engineering)
Charmante

Post by Charmante »

Ok)I would be happy if you do
Charmante

)))gooooood moood!!!and inspiration

Post by Charmante »

Today at last began writing my work!!! I `ve done only 1 page - introduction but I need your piece of advice and grammatical help)))

Getting Started

«If I walk in darkness without one ray of light let me trust the Lord, let me rely upon God».
Isaiah 50:10

Somebody famous once said: ’In the world you will find no person identical’. Really whether God or Nature – they made us absolutely unique. Possibly it is one of the evidences that all comparisons, socializations and stereotypes are quite doubtful. As an example I will give you numbers: The American psychologists arrived at a conclusion that human character consists of at least 500 traits. I suppose that you will agree with me that precise analysis of them is next to impossible. This can be compared with playing roulette – the possibility to hit the nail on the head is extremely little. My task doesn’t include feckless enumeration of stereotypes and prejudices. The thing I want is to investigate the whole diversity of facts and independently to come to the conclusion.
Being a teen, I understand how does it feel to be a person aged from 13 to 19. The time of adolescence is hard and exciting at the same time. It is a difficult time for teens because it is a period of transformation. It isn’t quite as bad as a chrysalis changing into a butterfly, but it may seem like that. It isn’t easy to grow up, and the dramatic physical and emotional changes are often confusing and worrying. Those who viewed through rose-coloured spectacles begin to face the problems of grown-up ‘dog-eat-dog’ world, but changing and getting used to new reality is very complicated task. In a sense all the teenagers (both American, Russian) pass through it but I am eager to find out whether their reactions are similar or not. In principle the aim of my work consists of this.

-----Could you check it?)))
Charmante

Post by Charmante »

FOR ENGLISH AND AMERICAN:How can you describe your country's teen? What does he like? What problems does he have? Does he use cosmetics very often to get rid of pimples?Does he spend a lot of money?And whose money in general does he spend?)))Is there any principals like ABC? Can you write anything about your experience in...love....work...school?Do you support a war in Iraq? Do you argue with your parents very often? What are the principal reasons?What are your 'favourite' GET RID OF phrases?What TV programmes are the most popular among teens in your country (the GB, the USA)? Are you satisfied with the choice?What are your dreams?If you had 1,000 000 $ how would you spend it?

guys!plz answer these questions because they would be the main in my work....((((
Charmante

People!

Post by Charmante »

Where are you?! :oops:
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: People!

Post by Vega »

Charmante wrote:Where are you?! :oops:

Are you looking for me ? :oops: I'm here.. :)

Your questions a little complicated, I don't think you'll get what you want. I would write to you my opinion, but I am not ENGLISH AND AMERICAN, nor a teenager...

:)
Charmante

I'm waiting for...

Post by Charmante »

your answer! No matter that you are neither English, American nor a teen)btw where r u from?
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Charmante wrote:FOR ENGLISH AND AMERICAN:How can you describe your country's teen? What does he like? What problems does he have? Does he use cosmetics very often to get rid of pimples?Does he spend a lot of money?And whose money in general does he spend?)))Is there any principals like ABC? Can you write anything about your experience in...love....work...school?Do you support a war in Iraq? Do you argue with your parents very often? What are the principal reasons?What are your 'favourite' GET RID OF phrases?What TV programmes are the most popular among teens in your country (the GB, the USA)? Are you satisfied with the choice?What are your dreams?If you had 1,000 000 $ how would you spend it?

guys!plz answer these questions because they would be the main in my work....((((
I can't see you crying for help in vain, dear! just wink me if a russian not-a-teenager-for-already-7-days' answers count :wink:
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: I'm waiting for...

Post by Vega »

Charmante wrote:your answer! No matter that you are neither English, American nor a teen)btw where r u from?

Ok, Here some of my answers, but I don't think it's interesting. :roll:

Do you support a war in Iraq?

No, I don't. I think any war does not bring anything good for humankind.

Do you argue with your parents very often?

Yes, sometimes I argue with my mother. :)

What are your dreams?

Honestly :roll:, I want found myself as a professional engineer in future, work in a big oil company, and have a beautiful wife.

If you had 1,000 000 $ how would you spend it?

I would :roll: open my own business and I would try to double this sum :)

Can you write anything about your experience in...love....work...school?

Experience...I was a good student and did ok, then after finishing school I entered in university. Now I am a third year student.
Love. I had only one gf, I studied with her in a school and I was in loved with, but one day I disappointed. Now I don't have a gf, I think feelings play important role between a couple, empty relations is not for me...
Work. I worked first as a waiter, then as an administrator of a restaurant. :roll: But, soon the director of a restaurant was arrested, and I thought it would better to me to leave that position..Now, I don't work because I study..

What are your 'favourite' GET RID OF phrases?

Sorry, but I don't understand this qiestion :roll:
Charmante

FanXXX!

Post by Charmante »

:D get rid of phrases - I meant something you say to your parents (or said) in order they left you
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Charmante wrote::D get rid of phrases - I meant something you say to your parents (or said) in order they left you
I don't use any such expression, if I'm fed up with someone...I don't listen him/her and go away.

Your previous Post subject was: FanXXX! What did you mean?

Bye!
Charmante

Mmm...

Post by Charmante »

FANXX meant thanks)
Charmante

Mmm...

Post by Charmante »

FANXX meant thanks)
Charmante

Heya

Post by Charmante »

My congratulations on the first days of Spring!And it's amazing!Especially when it is so warm)For a few days I was cut off from my PC and couldn't write.But as the teenagers always have problems so do I(((Is there anybody who would resque me?and check my text at last!!!!!???
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Ok, I will rescue you. :) Try to check your text by an online translator: http://www.translate.ru (I use it from time to time). I would check your text, but I am not good in English yet.
Charmante

))

Post by Charmante »

My dear Xkalibur.The problem is that I consider myself fairly good at English and I never complained about it...But I need help of native speaker(((But they are anywhere but not here!!!!--crying..
--------------------------------------------------
How are you?;)Do you feel spring?
P.S.Translation sites are not for me(they are as stupid as my friend in English:-D
May be...will you write me?on my e-mail?:))just for no particular reason)
Thanks for being here)
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: ))

Post by Vega »

Charmante wrote: --------------------------------------------------
How are you?;)Do you feel spring?
P.S.Translation sites are not for me(they are as stupid as my friend in English:-D
May be...will you write me?on my e-mail?:))just for no particular reason)
Thanks for being here)
Spring...It was sunny today here... There's something in spring that makes me look from a different sight, when I wake up early in the morning .))...
------------------------------------------------------
I will write to you on this week. I promise. :)
Charmante

----mmm-------

Post by Charmante »

I'm waiting for your letter then*-)