how to learn english effectively

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

dungthumon

how to learn english effectively

Post by dungthumon »

I think listening is the most difficult work of learning english so practise listening regularly parallel with learn by heart the more vocabulary the better will help improve your english skill.
You should sing many English songs and speak simple conversations that can help you pronounce correctly and be more confident in contact with people .
Keeping diary in English is also a good way to go over words and grammar
sunsun

Post by sunsun »

The 7secrets on ESL home page are very useful for english learning.

And i also want to write dairy everyday, you know it's difficult for me to express myself very well. Sometimes i can write down clearly in mother language, however translate the text in english is too hard.

Do you have any good ideas to write dairy in english everyday?
tenron
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tenron »

It is said that it tooks about 2000 hours to learn to listen English well.So the best key to your success is to listen ,listen and listen.
mamuta
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mamuta »

tenron wrote:It is said that it tooks about 2000 hours to learn to listen English well
I've made a quick calculation: listening for 10 hours a day means 200 days and it means about 7 months :D I'll start ... :roll: tomorrow...
tenron
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tenron »

mamuta wrote:I've made a quick calculation: listening for 10 hours a day means 200 days and it means about 7 months :D I'll start ... :roll: tomorrow...
I almost come up to 2000 hours!
YayuRahayu
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by YayuRahayu »

I agree with dungthumon and who choose to learn and build our English way if we have creative mind there's so many way we get. I also have started to writing in English on my personal diary since High. eventhough, my speaking was little fluent. trying to speak with native is my necessary because we don't have to be shame. I've spoken with American really I haven't get nervous if speak with friendly native. less then I've thank to God that person would have asked me to be her raise sister. that things made me so expand my socialize. :)
YayuRahayu
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by YayuRahayu »

I've made a quick calculation: listening for 10 hours a day means 200 days and it means about 7 months I'll start ... tomorrow...
Good tip, I have to try it.
summersun

Post by summersun »

I recommend you learn English with an effective English dictionary on your computer.

You can download the dictionary software at: http://www.socoolsoft.com/soft/dictiona ... _setup.exe

Download free multilanguage dictionaries at:
http://www.secoolsoft.com/coolexon/index.html
tenron
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tenron »

summersun wrote:I recommend you learn English with an effective English dictionary on your computer.

You can download the dictionary software at: http://www.socoolsoft.com/soft/dictiona ... _setup.exe

Download free multilanguage dictionaries at:
http://www.secoolsoft.com/coolexon/index.html
Thank you for your information!!
The dictionary is very useful ,especially when I don't know correct meaning of some words and want to know it as soon as possible and effortlessly!!
InLove
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by InLove »

First of all, try to learn gramma & vocabulary English and if perfect,never mind listening skill. :twisted: