I hate Speaking !!!

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Snowy*

I hate Speaking !!!

Post by Snowy* »

Hi everybody

I hope someone can help me..

My problem is speaking I hate speaking I'm always practice But when I start to talk in English with my teachers I forget every thing about English and words.

Sometimes all things I want to say in my mind but I can't say it why I don't know??
Yesterday I had Speaking test and I was too bad..

I started to hate English at all ..

In Speaking test they asked me .. Can you spell your last name?
My answer was ( ammm ... A... I forgot)

I was so nerves they laugh at me .. :oops:

I'm really disappointed

PLZ help me ..
Last edited by Snowy* on Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sylvialaw

Post by sylvialaw »

I think your problem is mental,you hate English because you performed badly in your exam?it's nothing to do with English,I can see that you speak English quite well,but the important thing is that you must have to break your mental barrier,the best way to do so is to speak more!face to face.Actually your teacher is nice I suppose,so don't be nervous or afraid,just talk to her as a friend,and you should have confidence in using English,if you don't grab your chance to speak more,you can no longer fight the barrier!
You are so nervous about being laughed,honestly I think you re afraid of making mistakes!Everyone makes mistake so come on!it 's unnecessary to mind that so much!

Make your first step!Talk to your friend in English,I hope it helps. :)
Snowy*

Post by Snowy* »

Hi sylvialaw

thank you for your advice ..
I always try to speak with my teacher but at last second I change my mind and I Prefer to close my mouth as you say my problem is mental[/size] :lol:
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

I hate speaking either unless I am perfect/fluent.
weibing
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by weibing »

If English is not your mother tongue, don't expect to sound like a native English speaker. It's most likely you'll almost always make some mistakes and sound somewhat strange when you speak English.

But even though you are not a native speaker, it doesn't necessarily mean you can't communicate well with them. Don't hesitate to speak English when you are in a situation you need to speak it. It doesn't matter whether you might make some mistakes or not. What's really matter is you really want to communicate!
InLove
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by InLove »

I wanna to chat or talk with you in Patalk, yahoo or window live. Just stress each other 8)
Snowy*

Post by Snowy* »

InLove wrote:I wanna to chat or talk with you in Patalk, yahoo or window live. Just stress each other 8)

Do you mean me >> :?
Oh I can't I 'm very shy :oops: !!!
robertjr.

Post by robertjr. »

I know how to speak english but my problem is when i get in a front of a crowd or in a front of a class my voice will change and also the way i talk and some times , I easly get nervous and those idea that i had will gone.
yinkie

Stage fright

Post by yinkie »

Stage fright can be described as the feeling you get when you are in front of a crowd, regardless of the number of people. And most of the time you forget everything you were supposed to be saying or may simply mumble them up.

You can fight this, by accepting this may likely happen to you during an oral test even before it happens. Then in your preparations you will need to practise for 2 scenarios, by this, I mean you practise as is expected for your orals/presentation etc, and then prepare yourself not to give up in front of a crowd or teacher, determine to come up with what you had practised to say or recite, and as soon as you can "cross that bridge once or twice" you are on your way to victory over stage fright.
VitaminC

Speaking? Yuck!

Post by VitaminC »

Wow! the same happens to me... I even hate speaking in my mother tongue!
But I make a lot of mistakes while speaking English. I blush :oops: and I say stupid things. Moreover, I have some problems with listening, so they ask me something and I answer with a different thing - and wrong, of course.

I guess it's lack of confidence. But I've also perceived that, if you become skilled in writing, you mught also improve speaking,so let me tell you this is a good start! - by participating in spaces like this! It improves fluency a lot!

Whenever you need somebody to chat, you can count on me! :wink:
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Make mistakes

Post by Bambang »

My friend.

In learning languages, in fact, we should make mistakes as much as possible. We learn from our mistakes. If we never make mistakes, then we'll never be able to speak English.

all you have to do is to erase the words "I must look perfect in speaking" from your dictionary.
Nobody's perfect honey.

Psychologically speaking, you are a determined person. So my friend, do not ever give up hope.

Supernaturally speaking, you a fast learner.
You'll be good at English my friend.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Do not worry about making mistakes in English. Native English speakers love to hear foreigners speak with mistakes. It sounds "cute and sexy" to us. The opposite sex will love to hear you with your accent and mistakes.
Remember, it is only your teachers that want you to speak perfectly.
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

danyet wrote:Do not worry about making mistakes in English. Native English speakers love to hear foreigners speak with mistakes. It sounds "cute and sexy" to us. The opposite sex will love to hear you with your accent and mistakes.
Remember, it is only your teachers that want you to speak perfectly.

That's so encouraging my native friend.
Thank you very much.

Psychologically speaking, you are so nice.