Learning English in a fun and easy way (share how)

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

sanjadz
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by sanjadz »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I usually read anything that is interesting to me,watch movies and write down most unfamiliar words and phrases that I come across.I also use monolingual dictionaries that show how words are used correctly.It would probably be more interesting and useful to go to an English speaking country to learn the language but not everyone can afford something like that.
hedwig14

Post by hedwig14 »

I usually read novel books and watch english movies. But I guess those are just you know sidetrips since we have english subjects since gradeschool until now that i'm in college. But it's good if you try to learn english in a way that you won't get bored. or just learn english in a fun way.
sanjadz
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Learning English in a fun and easy way (share how)

Post by sanjadz »

Reading what native speakers talk about on message boards and participating in discussions is a good way of learning too.That's why I sometimes visit American/British forums, and read the most interesting posts.
aznfantasii

Post by aznfantasii »

Yuppz :mrgreen:

-read, read, and read more english books or text(ex: novels, non/fiction, newspaper/articles..)
-read more threads on ESL forums?
-watch the news
-speak in english with someone you know more frequently(if they know a little english too..)

I am canto and I speak english at home most of the time with my sister. My mom yells at me for not speaking cantonese when I'm suppose to be LOL. Shes like, "SPEAK CHINESE!!!Whats with all the englishh!!?!!!" lmao. Probably cuz i live in Canada and I'm more use to speaking english haha. :lol:
&&trance
- -Dance To It
sure

Post by sure »

aznfantasii wrote:Yuppz :mrgreen:

-read, read, and read more english books or text(ex: novels, non/fiction, newspaper/articles..)
-read more threads on ESL forums?
-watch the news
-speak in english with someone you know more frequently(if they know a little english too..)

I am canto and I speak english at home most of the time with my sister. My mom yells at me for not speaking cantonese when I'm suppose to be LOL. Shes like, "SPEAK CHINESE!!!Whats with all the englishh!!?!!!" lmao. Probably cuz i live in Canada and I'm more use to speaking english haha. :lol:
hi,
i like you. i think we could be friends. :wink:
my name is ace.
Hold on!
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

Listening and speaking to the foreigner......write strange words or phrase on a notebook......retain and practice.....
fabulous

Post by fabulous »

hi,

i always jot down the strange words when i come across with them. then only i find for the meaning. this way really helps me a lot, till my teacher said my vocabulary is apt when i used it in my essays. you must add in some example sentences or phrases to show the way to use these words.

secondly, that is absolutely reading. story books. it really make sense of improving.

above these two ways really indeed help me. hope it might helps you, and so do other people who seen this post.

good luck and happy learning!
Still Fabulous
catcrack

Post by catcrack »

here is the site which i used for increasing my vocabulary.This site is very informative and good
http://www.improvingvocabulary.org/