Summarize: Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading...

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Summarize: Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading...

Post by denvinbo »

Although I posted this in the Help Each Other With English....may be here is the place where many people look at....

Listening:
+ Study at home:
Warm up your skill:
- First, you need to listen and write, you can buy an English compact disc at the disc shop, or use MP3. Listening once, how can use understand the meaning of the paragraph you just listen to? How many percent you understand? Do you know the words? Listening again. Write down all what you hear on the paper, if you can’t hear something, you can listen again, until you think that you write all of them on the paper. Check again and compare with the script….You don’t need to do it forever….Just 1 or 2 week….your skill will be better….
- Second, turn on the stereo when you at home and let English around your house, so you can hear it everywhere even you are in the kitchen. No need for you to understand, it just helps you to get used to English environment….
- Do it until you think that you can listen to a foreigner easily…
Now you are an average English listener:
- Keep on listening, but now, you don’t have to write, just listen and understand….Sometime you can have your own test….
+ Study at school:
- Listening carefully to your teacher’s voice, and when he turns on the stereo, listening carefully because may be he would ask you about it….
- Be careful with the listening test, there is so many people afraid of it, but if you are a real English listener, why you have to scare about it….

Speaking:
+ Warm up:
- Studying vocabulary.
- Studying how to use to-infinitive and other tenses.
+ Training:
- Find someone around you to talk with you, or you can talk with yourself, thinking about a topic, speak out everything you are thinking, like as you are having 2 roles….
- Talking with your teacher, your classmate….
+ Real life:
- Talking with foreigners or your friends when you are around the town….
Note: Your pronunciation has to be clear….

Writing:
- A paper and a pen, thinking about a topic. For example:
Do you like to live in city or in country? Why?
- Try to use the dictionary to find new words, and remember when you found and used it…It’s one of good ways to learn vocabulary….
- Ask someone good at English help you to check and find the mistakes….
- Try to translate an essay or a story from your language to English or from English to your language…..
Note: Take care of grammars….

Reading:
- Reading books….Try to understand….Write new words….Read and check your pronunciation and stress……

Good luck! Denvinbo! :-D
nat
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Summarize: Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading...

Post by nat »

[quote="denvinbo"]Although I posted this in the Help Each Other With English....may be here is the place where many people look at....

Listening:
+ Study at home:
Warm up your skill:
- First, you need to listen and write, you can buy an English compact disc at the disc shop, or use MP3. Listening once, how can use understand the meaning of the paragraph you just listen to? How many percent you understand? Do you know the words? Listening again. Write down all what you hear on the paper, if you can’t hear something, you can listen again, until you think that you write all of them on the paper. Check again and compare with the script….You don’t need to do it forever….Just 1 or 2 week….your skill will be better….

That's a very good piece of advise, Devinbo! :-P
I like to use it with my students.They usually listen to a song and put down words.It works great!It's entertainment for them,I know.They are usually very excited!
That's very clever of you,Devinbo!Hold on!(Are you going to teach English, by the way?) ;-)
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

nat wrote:
denvinbo wrote:Although I posted this in the Help Each Other With English....may be here is the place where many people look at....

Listening:
+ Study at home:
Warm up your skill:

That's a very good piece of advise, Devinbo! :-P
I like to use it with my students.They usually listen to a song and put down words.It works great!It's entertainment for them,I know.They are usually very excited!
That's very clever of you,Devinbo!Hold on!(Are you going to teach English, by the way?) ;-)
Although I'm still an English learner...I think that every English learners can teach each other....... :-D
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Great! Thanks a lot Denvinbo. :-)
esl member since 2007
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

Krisi wrote:Great! Thanks a lot Denvinbo. :-)
I'm happy that u like it.............
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

Very helpful :-D {-; ,good job.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
LoOost

Post by LoOost »

very nice Denvinbo.
Thanks for your efforts.
SOME people MAKE the WORLD special JUST by BEING in IT...,
mini
Rising Star
Rising Star

Reading lessions

Post by mini »

For English learning I want to translate lessons in Marathi .Is their English to Marathi translation site .If yes please give web address.
mini
Rising Star
Rising Star

Listening

Post by mini »

Please tell me mp3 for improving basic English.