Practice Test 2

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Aikuzo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Practice Test 2

Post by Aikuzo »

Instructions: Write either a, an, or the in the space before each noun. If no determiner is necessary, write X in the space.

1) The earliest examples of X art are found in X caves and on X rocks. In 1940, teenagers in Lascaux, France, accidentally discovered an important example of cave art. They discovered the entrance to a cave and explored it. They saw murals on the walls of the cave. Since then, many other caves with X art have been found in X France. (Already been corrected. I just put this for context purpose.)

2) Early humans known as Cro-Magnons lived around 40,000 years ago. They painted scenes of X animals and X hunters on the walls of the caves in Lascaux. The cave painters used X or the minerals to make colors. They were very familiar with the anatomy of X or the animals. Therefore, on the cave walls, the drawing of an or the antelope is usually detailed, but the drawing of a or the human looks like a stick figure.

3) The drawing of a hand appears on one of the cave walls. Perhaps one of the artists wanted to leave his or her signature near the paintings.

4) Nobody knows why the caves in Lascaux contain paintings. The paintings may have been used in X religious ceremonies. It is the mystery.

(I'm just kidding. It is a mystery. :mrgreen: )

Sorry, it's very long. {-: Are there any errors? xD
Pls correct any errors you see on my writings on: nouns, tenses :)

"Practice makes perfect!" xD
Tukanja
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Practice Test 2

Post by Tukanja »

my try
Aikuzo wrote:Instructions: Write either a, an, or the in the space before each noun. If no determiner is necessary, write X in the space.

2) Early humans known as Cro-Magnons lived around 40,000 years ago. They painted scenes of X animals and X hunters on X walls of (the) some caves in todays Lascaux. The cave painters used X minerals (to make) for making colors. They were very familiar with X anatomy of the animals. Therefore, on the cave walls, the drawing of an antelope is usually detailed, but the drawing of a human looks like a stick figure.

3) The drawing of a hand appears on one of the cave walls. Perhaps one of the artists wanted to leave his or her signature near the paintings.

4) Nobody knows why the caves in Lascaux contain paintings. The paintings (may)might have been used in X religious ceremonies. It is a mystery.
Aikuzo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Aikuzo »

Cool stuff. I like the ones that you add, thanks Tukanja.
Pls correct any errors you see on my writings on: nouns, tenses :)

"Practice makes perfect!" xD
Tukanja
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tukanja »

You're welcome! :-D

(I like the ones (that) you added.)
Tukanja
Top Contributor
Top Contributor