Please correct me if something is wrong!

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

lizziey

Please correct me if something is wrong!

Post by lizziey »

Hello, my name is Lizzie and I have to make a short homework at school. We are learning PAST PERFECT SIMPLE and PAST PERFECT CONTINUOUS at the moment. I translated 15 sentences into english, someone please check these over and correct if needed. I would be very grateful!!!

1. Our neighbors had invited us with husband to lunch and I bought them flowers and a cake.
2. I had just tidied up rooms when the doorbell rang.
3. The children were sleeping — on the day they had picked a big basket full of berries.
4. Mary asked if the guest had rang.
5. Little Ted had never ridden a bicycle before.
6. Was the food ready when guests arrived?
7. Finally I remembered where I had seen this woman. We had had gone the same school.
8. We had been arguing so loud that neighbours had gathered to see what is happening.
9. We had argued several times before, but not so loud.
10. Bob had been working in this company for 30 years, when he finally retired.
11. When the boys had arrived to me, they were gasping as they had been running the whole way.
12. The men were angry because they had waited for us for an hour.
13. Men were especially angry because they had previously been waiting for us on several occasions.
14. Secretary had been moving things the whole day from one room to another - and now he sat in chair, tired and bored.
15. The wind had been blowing the whole day but suddenly it was quiet and the trees did not move anymore.
Tukanja
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Please correct me if something is wrong!

Post by Tukanja »

Let me try

1. Our neighbors had invited us to lunch and I bought them flowers and a cake.
2. As I tidied the rooms up, the doorbell rang.
3. The children were sleeping — on the day they had picked a big basket full of berries.
4. Mary asked whether the guest had rung.
5. Little Ted has never ridden a bicycle before.
6. Was the food ready when the guests arrived?
7. Finally I remembered where I had seen this woman. We had been going the same school.
8. We had been arguing so loud that neighbours gathered to see what was happening.
9. We had argued several times before, but not so loud.
10. Bob had been working in this company for 30 years, when he finally retired.
11. When the boys arrived to me, they were gasping as they had been running the whole way.
13. Men were especially angry because they had previously been waiting for us on several occasions.
14. Secretary had been moving things the whole day from one room to another - and now he sat in chair, burned-out.
15. The wind had been blowing the whole day but suddenly it was quiet and the trees weren't moving anymore.
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

1. Our neighbours had invited my husband and me to lunch and I brought them flowers and a cake.
2. I had just tidied up the rooms when the doorbell rang.
3. The children were sleeping — during the day they had picked a big basket full of berries.
4. Mary asked if the guest had rung.
5. Little Ted had never ridden a bicycle before.
6. Was the food ready when the guests arrived?
7. Finally I remembered where I had seen this woman. We had had gone to (been to) the same school.
8. We had been arguing so loud that the neighbours had gathered to see what was happening.
9. We had argued several times before, but not so loudly.
10. Bob had been working in this company for 30 years when he finally retired.
11. When the boys reached me, they were gasping as they had been running the whole way.
13. The men were especially angry because they had waited for us previously on several occasions.
14. The secretary had been moving things the whole day from one room to another - and now he sat in a chair, tired and bored.
15. The wind had been blowing the whole day but suddenly it was quiet and the trees did not move anymore.
lizziey

Post by lizziey »

Thank You :-)