EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

advice needed

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

advice needed

Postby Omar » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi guys

actually i don't know how to start my problem ( i wouldn't call it problem ) but i'm going to explain the real situation that i have

i have been here ( Australia ) for 5 months and i'm improving my english everyday and this return back to my daily practecing of english

but the real problem that i have , is hesitation when i speak to people that i know i feel that i'm a good speaker of english but when i have a conversation with people who i don't know , actually i get counfise i don't know why ? and i tried to fix this probelm but i couldn't

another thing is that i'm good in writing , i can communicate with people in the internet and i can speak fluently , i have a friend ( native speaker of english ) and he told me that i have a good langauge i told him that just in writing and i don't know why ?

finally , i got confused in starting the conversations with people who i don't know , ( espcially in shops and these things ) . and and don't know how to ask people about things in particular ( how , what , which , and these things ) i'm a good in english and i know that , i have done my course just in 2 months ( Academic level ) but i don't know why i'm afraid of speaking with people who i don't know i would like very much to speak english fluently and i know that i can do it , but i need some who will help me in that.

So , can you please advise me how can i treat with these problems

thank you
Omar

Re: advice needed

Postby Tukanja » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi guys

actually I don't know how to start explaining my problem.
I've been here (Australia) for 5 months learning English everyday.
The real problem that I've got is a hesitation when I speak to people who I don't know.
I feel that I am a good speaker of English but when I should speak to people who I don't know I get confused. I tried to fix this problem up but I couldn't.

Another thing is that I am good at writing, I can communicate with people using the Internet. My sentences are not so bad. I have a friend (a native speaker of English) and he's told me that I speak a good English. I answered that I am good at writing only.

Finally I every time get confused starting the conversations with people who I don't know especially if it happens in shops and such situations. I don't know how to ask people about things in particular. Also I don't know how to use conjunctions (but, and, that, while..) and other grammar types (what, which, how etc). I'm a good at English and I know that I've done my course just in 2 months (Academic level ) but I don't know why I am so afraid of speaking to people who I don't know. I'd like very much to speak English fluently and I know that I can make it, but I need someone who is able and willing to help me do that.

So, can you please advise me how I can overcome these problems.

Speak the way you are able to at the moment and wait.

I've got no any native English speaker here in Bosnia to speak to that I am going to wait much longer.
Tukanja
Gold Member

Re: advice needed

Postby Tukanja » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:24 pm

Tukanja wrote: I'm (a) good at English and I know that I've done my course just in 2 months (Academic level ) but I don't know why I am so afraid of speaking to people who I don't know.
Tukanja
Gold Member

Return to Help Each Other with English