EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Please correct my grammar mistakes

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Please correct my grammar mistakes

Postby GawDesmond » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi English experts,
please correct my grammar mistakes,thanks.

I felt extremely tired yesterday hence I drank a copious amount of coffee and I am suffering currently. My heart is quite painful as I have had diarrhea since yesterday evening therefore I have to apply one day’s work leave today. I thought I had recovered from IBS but I was wrong. I am really not sure if I am unfortunate or fortunate because I found a new website yesterday afternoon where I have learned a few new words from some English experts and the unfortunate thing is that my cell phone battery has been spoilt.
GawDesmond

Re: Please correct my grammar mistakes

Postby Kellogg » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:13 pm

I am not an expert, but I think that you have done a very good job.

I felt extremely tired yesterday, so I drank a lot of coffee. ["A copious amount" IS excellent English, but Americans usually do not use such formal language.] As a result, I have been suffering from severe diarrhea since yesterday evening; therefore, I have to apply for one day's work leave today. I really am not sure whether I am fortunate or unfortunate, for I found a new website yesterday afternoon that taught me some new words. The only thing that I regret is that my cellphone will not work because the battery _________________.

I do not understand your use of the word "spoiled." Do you mean you have to recharge your battery? Do you mean that you have to buy a new battery? (P.S. We usually do not say "My heart is quite painful." If you want to, you could say "I am very sad / distressed / upset.")
Kellogg

Postby GawDesmond » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi Kellogg,
Yes, I mean I need to recharge the battery of my cell phone frequently. Sorry for this late reply and thanks for your marking.
GawDesmond

Postby GawDesmond » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi Kellogg,
I have a question,when can I use 'for' to replace 'because'?
GawDesmond

Return to Help Each Other with English