I want learn english a lot better.

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

GrizNora

I want learn english a lot better.

Post by GrizNora »

Hi, My name is Nora , I have 42 years, I'm from Hungary and I live in UK.
I want learn english but I don't know how. In last 2 years I learned very little.
If is anyone who can suggest what I can do to get better.
thomasndegwa

Re: I want learn english a lot better.

Post by thomasndegwa »

Hi Nora. :-)
My name is Thomas from Kenya. I am a teacher of English and Literature at a secondary school. As a teacher of English I would suggest you get into a form of English immersion program, that is, you find friends who speak English and interact with them a lot often either face to face or via phone. You may also try watching English movies or movies with English sub titles. Alternatively I can provide you with my cell phone number and then take you through conversations,writings and reading interesting novels.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Regards,
Thomas
GrizNora

Post by GrizNora »

Hi Thomas.

Thank you for your suggest,I watching English movies and reading books but I have a problem when I must speak. Shame me because I don't speak well and I don't speak just when is necessary.If you can and want to write me I would be happy.

Thank you

Regards,
Nora
thomasndegwa

Post by thomasndegwa »

Hi Nora,

Thank you too for your reply. I know you feel a little frustrated because you can not speak English as quickly as you would like to or as good as your friends who might be English-native speakers. Your English is not that bad given that you have only learned it for two years. You have a few problems of tenses which can easily be fixed. Don't feel ashamed because you make mistakes, get friends who understand your English entry level as a beginner and start by discussing topics about yourself. your hobbies, your tastes and preferences etc.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Thomas.