Phrasal Verbs

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

aristar

Phrasal Verbs

Post by aristar »

I am doing Phrasal Verbs in class with a book called How We Really Talk Using Phrasal Verbs. There are just so many phrasal verbs. An internet search reveals even more! What's a good way to organize and memorize phrasal verbs?
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Phrasal Verbs

Post by reindeer »

What about collocations? It's even worse - actually every English word has its own list of correct and incorrect combinations. Wow! There is no way to cope with this amount of combinations!
Sometimes I start thinking that English language was created with the only purpose: to reveal the supremacy of British over other people. Obviously, they have some secret area in their brains to memorize all the stuff.
So relax Ari, and enjoy the process which will never end.

Andrew
RyaninKorea

Re: Phrasal Verbs

Post by RyaninKorea »

I would say, just repetition, repetition, repetition...BUT....make it your own, and make it fun. This means you should develop your own learning style, and try to incorporate phrasal verbs into your daily life...maybe practice speaking to a native speaker, or read and study materials that you are interested in, rather than boring textbooks. I think this is how the best language learners learn. They find real, native, authentic materials on topics they are interested in. I hope this helps!
Follow along at my blog English for my Dream.