Formal letter to tourist office

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

sinusgamma

Formal letter to tourist office

Post by sinusgamma »

Hello, I have some skill in php language, but my english language is far from good. I have never lived in english speaking cities, so I know, that I can't write a good letter. Most of the times my sentences feel "foreign", I think.
Now I have to write letters to some tourist offices, and I don't want to be too "foreign".

I would be really glad, if you could check this letter:

Dear XYZ,

First let me introduce myself. My name is XYZ and I work with COMPANY-NAME. I would like to pay/draw your attention to our website (by) providing you with free possibility/opportunity to introduce/present your region/the region represented by you.
WEBSITE-NAME is a brand new website. The site is primarily a free travel blog where anyone can share his/her travel experiences, can show the sights located around his/her home, can prepare maps or can upload other travel related articles. We sort the articles based on travel categories and regions and our long-term goal is to establish a database where visitors can get useful information on numerous touristical possibilities all over the world.
We would be glad/pleased if your region / the region represented by you appears on our website. In case you are interested in the appereance possibility on our website, you can review it via this link.
After a brief registration you can introduce your region on our site. You can upload photos, share your links and attach maps, as well.
I really hope that our website could arouse your interest. It would be grateful if you blog on WEBSITE-NAME.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon. Should you have any questions regarding the website, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

So this would be the letter. (?)
Thanks,
Istvan
mandrews

Re: Formal letter to tourist office

Post by mandrews »

Dear XYZ,

First let me introduce myself. My name is XYZ and I work for COMPANY-NAME. I would like to draw your attention to our website by providing you with a free opportunity to present your region.
WEBSITE-NAME is a brand new website. The site is primarily a free travel blog where anyone can share his/her travel experiences, show the sights located around his/her home, prepare maps or upload other travel related articles. We sort the articles based on travel categories and regions and our long-term goal is to establish a database where visitors can get useful information on numerous touristic interests all over the world.
We would be pleased to feature your region on our website. If you are interested in this opportunity please see the link below to review the site.
After a brief registration process you will have the opportunity to introduce your region on our site. You can also upload photos, share your links and attach maps.
I sincerely hope that our website may arouse your interest. I would further be grateful if you could feature or mention our web site on your blog.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon. Should you have any questions regarding the website, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
Michael Andrews -- I Help People Lose Their Accent --
Dialect Coach and Author of
’Learn the BRITISH ACCENT- FAST!’ and ’Learn the AMERICAN ACCENT- FAST!’
Click on my profile for more details and website address