EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Postby Klaudyna » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:35 pm

In my opinion although people have the right to live how they choose, they haven't the right to die how they choose. There are many cases when people try to kill themselves and it is bad, because only God can decide how we die and when it will be. Moreover I think that life is wonderful and we should not think about death, because we should enjoy every day.
Klaudyna

Postby alexandra » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:40 pm

According to me everybody dies in different way. It is God decides about a kind of death in every person. It isn't dependent on us, so I think a human should trust the God and don't look for the reason to die, even if she or he isn't now happy.
alexandra

Postby kassliw » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:41 pm

In my point of view people should have the right to die. In cases where people have a terminal illness. People always say that the only person responsible for what happens to you is yourself but you can't have the choice to end your own life?
It's your life, not someone else's.
kassliw

Postby lesoli » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:17 pm

According to me people should have right to die how they choose. If they are unhappy, becouse they get bad mark or they have to learn they can't commit suicide.But when they are for example terminally ill and they don't want to suffer they can kill themselves. From the point of view of church it is immoral, but priests don't thint that it is only prolongation of suffering for this people.
lesoli

Postby alicjapie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:44 pm

I think that we should not choose the moment when we die. We got it as a gift from God and we should appreciate that. Let's not think about it when we die. Let's think about what we need to do. You have to take advantage of this gift-to do something for yourself and for other people :)
alicjapie

Postby krozmar » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Not everyone will agree with me but I think that people shouldn't be the right to die. God gives us life and only he can decide when we die.
krozmar

Postby emilkatok » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:46 pm

In my opinion , people don't have the right to die how they choose.
Life is a gift from our parents. We should respect life. Everyone has right to live and nobady can't choose this right.
Abortion should be forbid!
My religion is oppose abortion, euthanasia. I agree with thase.

If we will have full right to reign life or die , all world can be change!!!
emilkatok

Postby Duccini » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:18 pm

As I could read the majority of people who disagrees with people having this right, chose this view because of their belief in god as our creator, hence his choice about when and how you should die.

What if suicide was God's will? What if his way of making someone achieve his purpose in here was by letting this person go by his own will? It was mentioned the movie The Sea Inside somewhere in this thread. Those who know the story will agree with me that dead was pretty meaningful (the movie was based on true events, I must say).

I read some of you guys claiming that the suicide is a sign of the sickness of the person. Well, maybe it's a sign of the sickness of the world.

For me almost everyone should have this right, if it comes to that. But not for all the cases. People should face the consequences of certain acts. A guy who enters a school shooting at dozens of children shouldn't have the right to escape by killing himself.
Duccini

Postby dariakur » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:17 pm

I'm a christian, so for me this is simple question to answer. God gave us life through our parents which means that only God can take it back. Mankind are only creatures created by God, we don't have any rights to choose how we or somebody from our family and friends die. Every death means something and is causes some effects. Everything happens for a reason, even if this is horrifying.
dariakur

Postby StoKin » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:43 pm

I think that a lot of people do not want to die because God gave life them and they are grateful him. The next reason may be that they will leave their family and friends in mourning. If they have the right to die they want to die naturally. Sometimes people can't live because their are sick to end of their life and it would be a reason to commit suicide.
StoKin

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion