EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Grammar is a waste of time.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby thinlion » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:05 am

I think grammar is very important in English.It help me to speaking english better.Maybe many people expect grammar isn't important but with me It's very interested because I'm a vietnamese so I need it very much for study of mine.It is true for people who their country use to english

oh god I have to go to school
thinlion

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:54 pm

googl wrote:I think that grammar is very important. Every language has got many rules. And English (unlike my native language) has got VERY easy rules. .

What's your native language?

Postby Arale » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:04 pm

I think English is the easiest language to learn.It aslo has more original words than any other language. That is why it became a global language.

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:21 pm

googl wrote:Polish. Do you know any natural language easier than English?

I don't think there is such an easy language to learn. If not, we wouldn't say learning takes time. A language or something you wanna learn will be easy for you. It will be easy for you and hard for those who don't have enough passion in the thing they're forced to do. So, the bottom line is things will be easy for those who have enough passion to do things they wanna do. :wink:

test

Postby meiya » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:28 pm

Grammar is rule not truth.It is made,not found.so take it easy.
meiya

Postby NiceOne » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:10 am

Well, I think grammar is important though its difficult to learn and memorise all rules and regulations along with exceptions. When ever I read any thing which is perfect grammatically it is so easy to understand, this is the difference of grammar. I believe most of the English learners including me try to translate their native language into English which is not correct, English has its own pattern, i am no more following local authors books for English language because they have their own mixed version which is harmful for a learner. Regular efforts are required to master in grammar, one should never forget that till death we are learners, so don’t worry, when ever what ever you come across to something new try to learn it.
:lol:
Share Your Ideas to Make Life More Beautifull !
NiceOne

Postby anilakyol » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:39 pm

Without looking others posts I will have to say that I agree partly.If a teacher focuses on grammar too much and doesnt give importance to other components such as speaking and listening,it becomes waste of time.But in order to speak accuretely a person should know grammar of the language he or she wants to speak. :wink:
anilakyol

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion