EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby Trantrung » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:10 am

I think we should try to find the happiness if we want. But the way of looking for happiness is very important.
Franky, when you find it but you can't enjoy because it doesnot belong to you , it it terribe!
I wander'd lonely as a cloud
Trantrung
Silver Member

Happenies

Postby Mero » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:19 am

I think that the word "Happenies" is something can't be considered in one or two words. In my openion, if you look around you, and feel satistified of what you have, this bring you the happenies. Even the things around you are little or something normal now. This look will be changed by you, if you miss one of them in a time....
I hope I give a good comment
Mero

Postby CityYoung » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:37 pm

For me , I can find happiness if I try to find it . In my religion if I apply all rules and pray on the time the happiness comes from the God direct without I search about it
CityYoung
Platinum Member

Postby Pearla » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:05 pm

happiness is something possible and one can be happy if he felt satisfayed with what he have and accepting and loving himself as it is.
Pearla

It's an endless process.

Postby meylenlau » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:40 am

We as humans have never satisfied with what we have had,may be now i want something, haven't got it ,i feel unhappy. i think that i'll be happy if i got it. But after having it ,the happiness may just last for a period of time and vanish.
So , i would conclude that the human's desire that make humans always chasing for happiness.
Humans chase for basic needs, after having that,chase for more luxurious needs,then after having the wealthy life ; ones still would feel unhappy, they'll go for names and fames, the chasing would last until the end of ones lives. The Moslow theory had explained humans' needs thoroughly.
Best regards!

meylenlau
meylenlau

Postby chenggiant » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:10 am

Whatever you are talking about, i just keep quite.

I donnot want to think too much about life.

Am i right?
chenggiant

Postby Laxuan » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:38 am

To me, nobody can be happy when they try to find happiness.I have read a very interesting story about this issue.
A group of devils hold an appointment in order to do something to make people miserable and after a few hours they decide to hide human happiness but they don't know where to hide it.A member say 'we should hide it on the peak of Everest mountain' but the others dont approve because people could climb up and get it, another one want to hide it at the deepest place of ocean but it isn't available too as people have many sophisticated tool such as sub-marine so they can find it easily. An elder one suggest putting it in people's heart because they often try to go to very far place to find happiness but they don't know their most precious are around them.
[/quote]
Laxuan
Silver Member

Postby Laxuan » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:39 am

To me, nobody can be happy when they try to find happiness.I have read a very interesting story about this issue.
A group of devils hold an appointment in order to do something to make people miserable and after a few hours they decide to hide human happiness but they don't know where to hide it.A member say 'we should hide it on the peak of Everest mountain' but the others dont approve because people could climb up and get it, another one want to hide it at the deepest place of ocean but it isn't available too as people have many sophisticated tool such as sub-marine so they can find it easily. An elder one suggest putting it in people's heart because they often try to go to very far place to find happiness but they don't know their most precious are around them
Last edited by Laxuan on Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laxuan
Silver Member

Postby julka » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:31 am

I liked the story narrated by Laxuan, and to my mind it really characterizes the real life. And that is the question to this discussion. There's no need to waste time on looking for happiness, it will come itself. And besides, a question arises: where one can look for happiness? That's ridiculous. And what does happiness mean in general? When you have close people by your side, friends, a good job, when you can pass ur free time like u want (going there and there, travelling, and doing what u want), when you're in love, or just have a bf or a gf. For me all these components form happiness, and even my not very good health does not mean that much, cuz I have all above stated "components of happiness" in my life. Happiness is all around us, we only have to realize that is happiness, and not to look for it. that's :). Have a nice day everybody, don't worry, BE HAPPY. Life is too short, so enjoy every moment of it. :P
julka

Postby meylenlau » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:18 am

chenggiant wrote:Whatever you are talking about, i just keep quite.

I donnot want to think too much about life.

Am i right?

Interesting, well, in a forum you can't just keep quiet. You can't
control your mind from thinking about life ,right? Chasing and fulfilling your need/desire could be happened unconsciously in your life..... in silent!!
Last edited by meylenlau on Wed May 17, 2006 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meylenlau

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion