EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

If I won $1,000,000...

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: If I won one million U.S. Dollars

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:37 am

prasanta wrote:If I won one million dollar I would not give it to anyone or share it with anybody. Only hypocrites would promise that I would do this or I would do that, but if they ever got the money they would love to grab it only for themselves. Isn't it a candid answer to this silly question? :lol:

Some people are born generous so please don't make your assumption like that. If they won't share it with the world, they will share it with family. How could one not share something with their family? Moreover, if you have a job and an education, winning money is not a big of a deal. It just adds more luck to your life. You won't die if you share something to others.

$1...... next figure seems to be too obvious

Postby Adhir Garg » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:53 pm

Hi guys,

Definitely who won't wish such amount of money.. Since I am in India so first of all 40% would be going in Tax (Thanks to the government, would like to spend money on themselves :? ). Then I would have amount of 600,000$. My relatives (which I had not known since my birth) would pour in and give me their "rubbish" opinions about spending the money.. This is another thing, that I won't even lend my ears to them.

Coming to the point, I would like to give 500,000$ for the benefit of people (especially schools/colleges in India) which are necessary.. I would like to give 50% of the left money to my parents, 30% to my brothers, 10% to my wife/girlfriend (definitely I would have some gals around me) and rest 10% would be kept with me.. for purchasing my gold and other lavish things (whatever comes, I would buy) :lol:

Well these are my plans !! How are they ??

Enjoy !!
Adhir Garg

Postby nice_guy » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:13 am

$1.000.000? it's too mall to me. Could you tell me how many money I need to help the poor children in the worl to come to school???
nice_guy

Postby nice_guy » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:13 am

$1.000.000? it's too mall to me. Could you tell me how many money I need to help the poor children in the worl to go to school???
nice_guy

Postby Arale » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:40 pm

If I won that money I will do my desire that is going to England-my favourite country.Then I will buy all books I like !!!!That is my heaven indeed ! :wink:

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby viveo » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:02 pm

I never think that i will have 1,000,000 $. However if someday i get such amount of that money, firstly i will share for my relatives. Then i will use some money for donation or raising fund. And the left money will be used for my business. So i can find many times as much as that money. :lol:
What is love ?
viveo

Postby Pirate » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:09 pm

One million dollars? That much? Okay I'll share you!

Let me dream ... travel around the world and bring back a house of souvenirs ... give to charities ... share to family of course ... support youth-led projects ... build a school ... build a library ...

Oh it's time to wake up :wink:
Pirate
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Honey » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:05 pm

Gosh! I'd have enough with buying a house for my parents, a car for my mother, and all the necessary stuff to have a dog.

Yep, only a dog! :roll:
Honey
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion