Do we have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

krozmar

Re: Do we have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas?

Post by krozmar »

In my opinion you have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas because it is the memory of the birth of Jesus Christ. However, no one can prohibit a person from a different faith celebrate Christmas. For people who are not Christians is a time of giving gifts and meeting with family.
olamro

Post by olamro »

In my opinion we don't have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas. I think that, because Christmas is some kind of tradition and people of other religion celebrate this too and they don't look at religion, they want to be with their family and listen christmas songs. It's also about giving presents to each other, making others happy. These days a lot of people live in such hurry, that they don't have much time for their family and friends, very often this Christmas time is the only moment when they have time to meet with people important to them.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Everybody can celebrate Christmas. I have not heard or never seen an invitation that excludes non-Christians on this special occassion. I know this as the season for everyone to be happy.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Krisi wrote:Everybody can celebrate Christmas. I have not heard or never seen an invitation that excludes non-Christians on this special occassion. I know this as the season for everyone to be happy.
or I guess it's the other way around... it's probably the non-Christians who prohibits themselves to celebrate Christmas. We cannot tell but some could be following certain rules. (let's look at both sides... this is also possible)
cromini

Post by cromini »

Hello,

I usually always get a pine as a Christmas tree. But this year I have thought about a artificial tree. Are there a lot of benefits?
hellofriend

Post by hellofriend »

In my opinion, we don't have to. I mean it should be a globle event for all of the people around the world. I guess the holiday has been commercialized, everbody got the chance to go shoppimg and buy something for family members. And children will be happy too. For example, we do celebrate Chrismas in China, some of the families just follow the trend, they prepare the gifts and presents for their children. Also, it is really beautiful when it snows, it also called White Chrismas.