EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

International Communication. Why English?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby serviceboy » Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:14 pm

I do hate English,for it does not strictly change its form as French does.
I always misspell some words.French, in my opition is the best language in the world. Why so many people nowadys have to learn English? NOt for England is rich,but for America is rich.
serviceboy

Postby serviceboy » Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:28 pm

Hi everyone
I do think English is the best choice for international comunication because so many people around the world are using English as a tool of communication,and me is included.I learn English as my a tool of getting more and more knowledge .I find English is very good. There are so many English films,books and newspaper, even the Internet are using English mostly.
serviceboy

International communication. Why English?

Postby rosett76 » Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:59 am

Hello all,

I know english is widely used nowadays. We can see it everywhere in the Internet, labels of each product, bussiness correspondence...

I think it can be international communication because of its simple and widely use already. We don’t have to pay much to teach people and to create another.
How about love, can we use it? No, there are many melodie languages like Italia, french.... In this aspect, native languages cannot be replaced. Being vietnamese, i like my tongue very much. If you want to try, i am very happy to help.

Write to me: hong_tt@hotmail.com

See you.

rosett76

Re: International Communication. Why English?

Postby eclub777 » Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:14 am

[quote="Talking Point"]International Communication. Why English?

Hi all,
    I don't think that English is the best choice for an international language. But may be English the most reasonable language all of us can use more easier than other languages. English is language of business. Learning English is, in my opinion, is easier than other languges (eg: French).
    But, I love my mother tounge language and try to learn English to use it to communica with people from other cultures.
    Mai
    eclub777

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:19 am

To me, French is easier than English, since I am French :)

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:13 pm

birrel wrote:Hi all,

I don't think that English is the best choice for an international language. Indeed, there is no alive language which meets this purpose, since languages are divided in dialects and every dialect has its own forms of pronunciation, vocabulary, slang, etc... I know that there are some fields which need a unique language, for instance business, and in this case English takes on this role. However, mostly this English is too simplified as well as fractured, very far from the native speakers's.

Cheers

why?

Postby eclub777 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:46 am

In my viewpoint, why chose english because the historical reason, we can't change it. But I believe that if one country's GDF is higher than US & UK, so english will be substituted.
    eclub777

Postby eclub777 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:49 am

make corrections: it's "GDP". I'm typed error letter "GDF".
    eclub777

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:51 am

Hi mates.
    i am really confused about the language we speak now, except ypur mother language.So, everybody know that what is it ,yeah/ Definitely, English. If anyone can tell me why we should not get speak English as a second language, i will tell you the contract 8)

kindly

Postby sahar » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:02 am

serviceboy wrote:Hi everyone
    I do think English is the best choice for international comunication because so many people around the world are using English as a tool of communication,and me is included.I learn English as my a tool of getting more and more knowledge .I find English is very good. There are so many English films,books and newspaper, even the Internet are using English mostly.
    :lol: :D :o :P :) :wink: :? :( :cry: :x :roll: :shock: 8)
    sahar

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion