EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

International Communication. Why English?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby Andrefm » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:33 am

:) I like English as an international language, i'm used to see movies and listening to songs in English. I like to discover what they're saying (I get angry if can't but that's ok ). Learning English's important to me cause I use it in my job and I want to travel abroad someday. The most important is being proud of your native language, because it means your identity.
hi. i' Andre. I'm from Brazil. I like music...
Andrefm

Postby gislaine » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:34 am

I think that english is the best language to learn on a international level because is a easy one to learn,lets face it it is everywhere. For example:the USA has spread its culture around the world with music,movies and of course with politics.Its no surprise that youth today is breading the american way of life.
Bye,gi
i would like to correspond with people of all parts of the world
gislaine

Postby Rodrigo Klassen » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:35 am

i think it depends on the situation. an example: for business english is already the international language used around the world. and it works out very well.
Although, we have to consider that english is the language spoken in the most rich countries in the world and this is a great reason to have it as an international language.
But economic changes can happen, maybe in the future it'll be necessary to learn languages sponken at asia or south america.
so, in my opinion, actually english is the easier way to comunicate with all the world but i'm sure it can changes across the times.
Last edited by Rodrigo Klassen on Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
there's no space here to write everything i wanted
Rodrigo Klassen

Why English?

Postby Guilherme » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:39 am

Because English is the language of the "powerful's world" then all want to absorb your culture, and the language is the first step. Also the USA is a "power technological" being necessary to know English for used.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Guilherme

Postby wilfford » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:59 am

hi people,
i'm marcio ,from brazil, and in first place i really enjoy the english language.if portuguese was the language most spoken in the world,i'd think that it would be the best language to the world,if i would be a chinese citizen, i could think that the chinese language is the best language and so :evil:
there must be a standart of language,and if english is most spoken, why not be the standart language?
i´m from brasil and i'm really excited to know anybody.
wilfford

Postby thinhare » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:18 pm

Hey, people,

It's not something about "the best". It's just about "the defacto".
thinhare

English

Postby Anin » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:50 pm

Hi everybody :) ,
Have ypu heard that in the USA they were choosing between English and German to became their official language?
Finally, English had won and I think it was the best result. My mum is a teacher of German, and when I saw the German Grammar and heard the hard pronunciacion I totally gave up the idea of learning German.
I love English :!: I have been learning that beautiful language more than 13 years (since 5) and I have never regretted the choice of it.
And, what about Spanish? It is supposed to have more learners than English by the year 2010. Do you think Spanish could threaten the leadership of English among the world languages?
Last I want to add is that English surely become the world´s number one because of its flexibility. There are millions of ways to express everything you want. Moreover it uses shortened forms which are much easier for remembering. This is the disadvantage of German, that the vocabular contains lots of words that are extremely long.
Hi I am 18 and I would like to change my opinions with you.
Anin

Postby Honey » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:22 pm

English is one of the easiest languages (for not saying it's the easiest... yes, believe it: the easiest!) language to learn. Its system is easy to elarn, and one of the only difficulties would be its pronunciation. Nonetheless, one aspect that makes it a bad thing - although it's not in English itself - is the fact that a culture is being transmitted with it, as well. So we must be very careful for that.

What if Chinese were the chosen language? (and it's not so far from today, as I can see :lol:)
Honey
Silver Member

Postby authorityquery » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:03 pm

I think english has been used like an international language for along time . And it's Ok I like it very much even my conditions 's poor. But noproblem, importance you want to study English.
English 's stiill accepted in the world and maybe in the future, who knows, international languages next 50 years.
Thanks.
MTV i like most wanted
authorityquery
Gold Member

I dont think we have any other choice... Simple answer

Postby sky888walker » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:35 am

Guys, i dont think we have any other choice. If i had any chance to choose any language to be an international language, i would choose my own language.

Whether you like it or not, no matter how good your reasons are, you have to live with it. English (bless all english speaking people) has been luckily chosen as one of international languages.

Simple answers, simple words, from a simple man.. lol
sky888walker
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion