EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Fame. Is it the new religion?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Fame. Is it the new religion?

Postby nawras » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:39 am

:!: I don't agree with you
nawras

Postby ishtiaqmetho » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:58 pm

i don't agree with you because there is quite difference between fame and religion.

secondly, mostly famous people give the credit of their fame to God,
fame is temporary condition but the position of GOD is permanent.
ishtiaqmetho

Postby kassliw » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:51 pm

I don't agree with fame is a new religion, because religion is an organized collection of beliefs , cultural systems , and world views for people. Sometimes celebrity have difficult life by fans.I would guess that for the majority of people, being constantly in the public eye and being followed by fans and the paparazzi are nuisances. Some famous people was murdered or stabbed to death by a stalker, and i think noone can't murder God.
kassliw

Postby lesoli » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:42 pm

I don't agree with this stetament. We believe in God and somebody famous can't be God. We can imitate him/her but he can't be our God. He should behave accordingly to give an example to others for example small children who mimic older and take them as an examlple.
lesoli

Postby mcIlob » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:17 pm

I think I can say that people handle fame like a religion. I totally agree that nowadays people are more interested in some famous people’s life than their God. They prefer to imitate behavior and clothes from stars not from saints. More and more often a lot of young people want to become fame but less and less people pay attention to religion.
They have to remember that any film star, sport player or pop singer not to substitute for God.
mcIlob

Postby AnaCris » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:07 pm

I think for some people fame is the new religion. Nowadays there are some people who are capable of unimaginable things to achieve success and to become famous.

Just turn on your TV or read newspapers and magazines and you will see people doing crazy things to achieve fame. Eventually, it can become an addiction for some.

AnaCris
AnaCris

Postby rokwysocka » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:07 pm

In my mind it isn't because famous people often don't represent good behaviour. They haven't apprioprate rules in their lifes which could imitate their fans. God should to show how we can duly live.
rokwysocka

Postby emilkatok » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:24 pm

Yes, It is. A lot of people , young people look for new experiances. Our world is developed very mach. More people haven't got any time to go church. Internet, phones, computers are kind of modern god. We spend free time on watching tv, listening music or playing games. Young people don't want be for example Christian. They think , that it is boring. They don't belive in God. In my opinion it is controversial. At beginig of world people have got different gods. Maybe in future all order on the world will be change.
emilkatok

Postby alexandra » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:32 pm

Nowadays more and more people are interested about idols. They follow their profile on facebook, twitter or different websites. They forget about basic items.
I think, fame is only lifestyle by famous people. And we, as normal people, should study about differentiate the most important issue.
For all that, fame isn't a new religion. There hasn't God.
alexandra

Postby alicjapie » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:16 pm

I also believe that fame isn't a new religion. Religion is associated with God, beliefs, traditions. Nowadays fame is appreciated, but that doesn't mean that it is a new religion.
alicjapie

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion