EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Are exams a waste of time?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby someone_cute » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:33 pm

As they have said ...
Exams are very important for us to show our abilities to understand the lessons and to know the clever students from the lazies and give them their marks with out cheating from teachers .. it happened by the way by some teachers ( giving students marks or steal marks from them ) although if the student doesn't deserve that ..
but sometimes I think exams are wasting for time specially when they depend on memorizing .. and we should only have monthly exams at least which means there is no mid term exams or final ..
Teachers also have 2 be merciful because we are suffering from the stress at school :cry:
«®°•.¸.•°°•.¸.•°™ someone cute .•°®»
someone_cute
Silver Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:05 am

Well, people who think exams are not necessary are not any smarter or more stupid than people who think exams are necessary when they're given to take one.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Shazzam » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:04 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Well, people who think exams are not necessary are not any smarter or more stupid than people who think exams are necessary when they're given to take one.

:?
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:32 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:Well, people who think exams are not necessary are not any smarter or more stupid than people who think exams are necessary when they're given to take one.

:?

It means they don't know all the materials if they don't study. Just because they think examinations are not necessary, it does not mean they'll know everything and they'll ace the tests. I believe a person only thinks exams are not necessary to be taken when s/he could proudly say that s/he has aced every single test that is given out. At that point, exams are truly not needed for them. Otherwise, exams are a good way to review your materials that you've learned. Right?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby DacHuy » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:42 pm

Examinations are important for me. They help me practice some skill, such as preparing, Writing, reporting, so that.
But they make me sotired and waste much time.
DacHuy

Postby CityYoung » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:14 pm

No exams are very important ,beacuse we check our levels and skills to know if we improve or not .
CityYoung
Platinum Member

Postby DocAndy » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:35 pm

I hate exams!
An exam says nothing what you really can. Thats my oppinion.

In Austria we have notes from 1(best) - 5(worst). My last test was a 4. :evil:

You can make the same test 2 times (with different examples). You will get probably different notes.
DocAndy

Postby trinity19 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:38 pm

i can only say one thing: i learn much more preparing courseworks and reading books than studing for exams. i'm not saying we shouldn't do any exams because there are some things that teachers must be sure we've learnt and the best way of doing it is testing us without the possibility of having copied or anything, but exams shouldn't be the most important thing. sometimes the whole course is tested with an only exam, in my opinion this is very unfair.
trinity19
Silver Member

Postby SleepyTear » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:26 am

In China
What is most important to a student?
:arrow: EXAMS :arrow: MARKS :arrow: MONEY
Though you do perfectly in your homework or other fields,it is the performance of exams that determines whether you're intelligent or not :?: :idea: Silly... And maybe, in some sense, it determines your future status in society :idea: I find this detestful...as you know the Education System of China,which I think produces Learned Idiots :evil:

Personally, I consider that exams are a waste of talents :idea:
SleepyTear

Re: Are exams a waste of time?

Postby pruthvy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:56 pm

TP wrote:Are exams a waste of time?
i dont think so.exam prooves ones caliber
pruthvy

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion