EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Who is responsible for motivating students?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

motivation

Postby george T » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:27 pm

Once a teacher told me that learning English was 90% students' motivation. That's what I tell my students to keep in mind now.
george T

Re: Motivation to learn

Postby phrd@camnet,com.kh » Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:21 am

Mobeen Shah wrote:We as teachers of English Language are receiving students who are willing to learn English. First its our responsibility to create interest of these students to enter the language learning class, and then, generate the enthusiasm in them to continue staying in it till they have achieved what they came for.

Its like acquiring something (Student) because we (teachers) are there and then the responsibility to nurture because we have the tricks of trade-the motivation. Futher, to enhance my point of view, I would still quote the example of perenting, once you have children you have the responsibility of bringing up the best of children. You show and display the way of good parents and the children follow- if they do not know the charms of being good children they will be drifted away.

So the students have already taken the decision to learn the language.we as teachers have the rest of the responsibility to hold them till they have achieved enough to stick to it.
:lol:
phrd@camnet,com.kh

Postby GiddyGad » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:21 am

It sure is the responsibility of a teacher to teach a student to take the responsibility for what he does to master a language. Here comes a natural question "How?"... There are ways... :roll:
GiddyGad

Postby Maryam » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:53 am

Both of them r responsibles.But if there is a will the student will learn even the teacher is not good.
Maryam

Postby GiddyGad » Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:33 pm

A language can't be learnt without a teacher.
Firstly, someone should push the student ahead (and the pushing must be finely measured, which a comp being a digital, not analogous, system can't do).
Secondly, a teacher mirrors the work of a student. A good teacher knows HOW to mirror student's actions in order to show him the right way to do the right job. A student must be a very good teacher to know at least some of the subwater obstacles on that way.
Last edited by GiddyGad on Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GiddyGad

Postby Maryam » Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:16 pm

Hi

Thte teacher could be a book,film,song ,CD,English sites and adictionary.
so learning English depends on the students nowadays morthan teachers.
Maryam

Postby GiddyGad » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:47 pm

Fare thee well then.
GiddyGad

Postby mehran » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:09 am

i think this is a task which is more related to the teachers.because as you know some students are obliged to go to school(by their parents or situation).
i'm a college student at TMU, tehran.l'd like to communicate with any everybody interested in english, sports, culture, politics,...
mehran

Postby Ayda » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:38 pm

HI all,
I believe that the first step is from the student. Because if the student is interested in learning the language he/she will find other way to do it if the teacher is not a motivate one. However, I also believe that teacher has a great role to motivate their student to learn more. Because sometimes you become disappointed, but if you got a motivated teacher he/ she will encourage you and will help you go on.
Regards,
A . A
Ayda

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion