EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby TalkingPoint » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:20 pm

Can you remember your dreams? What was the last dream you had?

Have you ever had a prophetic dream? What was it about? Do you believe that dreams can help us predict the future?

English Checker
    dream: a series of thoughts and images that happens in our mind when we sleep
    prophetic: telling us accurately about something in the future
    predict: state that something will happen in the future
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

Postby gulf girl » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:43 pm

Directly
I believe in dreams because I always feel that something _ if it is not all _ from the dream can acheive !!
When I was in my secondary school I was usually dreamming in the mathmatical functions answers. I was keeping a paper and a pen near to me to write any thing I feel I can use it directly !!

And there are so many actions happen in my live I feel I saw them before then I remember that I saw it in my dreams !!
If you don't know what you looking for, you'll never find it.
gulf girl

Yes, i do

Postby mus » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:35 pm

I believe a lot that our dreams have to do with our daily life and experiences, somehow our hardships and happiness are reflected through pictures or symbols coming back to our mind during the dream, however it's not so easy to figure out the true meaning of what we dream due to the complexity of the human mind and the sophisticated subconscious which depend on our own personality and experiences that we share with so many people in our daily life. Despite this fact i have to point out that some scientists are working a lot on this intriguing issue in order to understund the working process of our mind, other scientists are dealing with this strange phenomena with a daring approach by describing it as an ESP (extrasensory perception).
While i was wandering on the net, i came across with this web, i found there interesting materials about dreaming and how to interpret it. I hope you enjoy it ;)

http://www.dreamdoctor.com/radio/ (This is the radio link where you can find a lot of downloadable mp3)

I'm an english learner, so please feel free to correct me if you find mistakes in my post. Thanks in advance.
mus

Postby Ms.A.Z » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:12 pm

Asalam alai kum

hello every one

well i believe that our dreams do mean something..ya some people say that when we think of something ..or some one then we have dreams about them.......we see alot of dreams but we only remember few of them..some times our dreams dont have meaning but some times it really dose..........i am saying the from my personal experiance which i cant share....

well i guess thats all i wanted to say..
bye :o
Ms.A.Z
Platinum Member

dreams

Postby suhana » Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:49 am

Whether you belive it or not, I love dreams! I don't mind if it is a sweet dream or a nightmare. The point is, I see my dreams as shows during my sleeping time. It is like watching myself acting in a film where I am the main character and I have the ability to do certain stunts that I couldn't in real life. Sometimes, I keep on dreaming the same dream and it is actually a very frightening one. This dream is one of all that I believe tries to convey a warning so that I am prepared to face a great hurdle in my life. I am not afraid. It keeps me alert.
Books are friends that never fail me...
suhana

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:05 am

I don't know about my dreams can predict something of the future or not, but it's funny when I start to think about something a lot, I'll have dreams about it. Sometimes, those are nice dreams, and sometimes they're just plain nightmares.
The last dream I had was about my pets, dwarf hamsters. I've had them for nine months so far. Their average life is usually about a year or two. For regular and roborovskii hamsters, their average lives are up to three years if they're in good health. Thus, I've been having dreams about my baby pets going to the rainbow bridge. I've also had dreams about them got eaten by cats. Those are nightmares. I hate that.

Postby ruben » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:13 am

I think that the sleep can manage to predict the future. Exists some elements with specified meaning if you see them in a sleep, for example the teeth. If you dream that they fall down to you the teeth this meaning that slightly bad it is going to happen to you. So ... You don't dream this.
ruben

Dream is magic, I try to understand it sometimes.

Postby Judy2004 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:21 am

As a female, I seem more sensitive than a male. I think dream is a magic mind activity. Every dream, though we forget most of them, try to explain something to us.
We almost have the experience:We keep do something everyday,if some day we deprive ourselves of it, it is high likely that we dream it; If we repeatedly do something or think something before we sleep, it is most possible that such thing will occur to our dream.
Sometimes a dream can tell something to us. If we can spend a little time on it, we can get more.There is one case about me: I am not suffciently confident to speak in public and I try to improve myself. However, I have not got many opportunities, so recently most of my dreams are spreaded by giving a speech in front of lots of people. In my dreams, I can express myself fluently and convey my opinions clearly. I can control my emotion well and just feel at home speaking with my family. After I awake up, I feel more easy and confident than the day before,as if I practise myself in my dreams.
Sometimes, we do not know ourselves very well, due to subconscious, dream can make a suggestion to us, if we can follow some scientific analysis about dream.
Judy2004

Next

Return to Talking Point Discussion