Is torture ever justified?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Judy2004

Torture is illegal and should be prohibited

Post by Judy2004 »

Torture is one form of barbarism and accordingly exists in the barbarous society.Nowdays,times change,we live in the advanced civilization society,Men,regardless of colour,sex and age,are equal all over the world,we call for more respect for men,so we should not allow such uncivilized things happen and it should be excluded from the earth and our minds.

Torture is immoral,which is the common feeling among people.I think that torture is also illegal,which should be stated on the relative international laws and constitutions. Once someone disobeys it,severe punishment should be put on him.

Most of people have a patriotism for their own countries,which is the limited patriotism.We should have the broad love and devotion to the peace of the world.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Absolutely NOT. Torture is NEVER justified. There's no way a human being can torture another one.
goodwill

Re: Is torture ever justified?

Post by goodwill »

Torture is a violation of the human rights and should not be used under any circumstances. The human rights should be respected by all countries.
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: My question !

Post by sweethuman »

Arale wrote:Torture is a concept that appeared from too long ago . I wonder whether it started together with the appearance of human or not ? Let's come back the ancient history ,many many turtures happened .Galileo was one of such victims . It was harsh torture of Christian that killed one of the greatest scientist of the world .Now ,returning the present ,we have just witnessed many Iraq soldiers who have been tortured by American soldiers .I had though that torture only existed in the past when people had litter knowledge and education .Now we are living in the best education .People have many chances to access to knowledge all over the world .So ,torture in 21th century as it had happened in Iraq is a failure of education ? a failure of humanity ?

_Arale_

Very well explain Arale. 8-)