EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

How do you learn best?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

How do you learn best?

Postby TalkingPoint » Sun May 23, 2004 12:42 am

How do you learn best?

Do you learn best when the teacher explains something to you? Do you like doing listening exercises in class? Do you find it easier to learn when you draw pictures or diagrams to help you? Different people have different styles of learning. What's your style? What makes it easy for you to learn?

Do you agree that having flexibility in your learning styles is more important than knowing what your preferred learning style is?
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

Postby Ms.A.Z » Mon May 24, 2004 12:37 pm

hello

i am a college student..for me that best way to learn is to read the chapter(s) before the class so at least i can understand or know what my teacher is talking about..once the class is over i read the chapter(s) again and if i have any Qs i write little note and ask my teachers later.. i cant concentrate on every thing my teacehrs says.in class some times i feel sleepy...
yaa i think drawing pictures or diagrams makes the things easier to understand......or making notes etc.
Ms.A.Z
Platinum Member

Postby Arale » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:24 pm

How to learn best ?
It is not a new question but still leaves many troublesomes. Each person has their own method to learn most effectively .
Some students are very hardworking while others are not .Each method needs be suitble with a student's condition such as heath ,ability ,creation or telent ...
As for me I would like to learn by inspiration . I think we need find the desire of studying .Every subject has its own interest and they bring us a viewpoint of life .
I really liked math when I was a pupil . And how wonderful to be lived in figures . I found many interesting things in math's world .
To sum up , desire of studying or learning by inspiration helps us not learn to get high marks but learn to discover the real world !!!

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Pirate » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:43 pm

Group working always helps me in learning.

In class, I like teachers who ask from the beginning to end!
Pirate
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Arale » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:38 am

Yes, working in group is the most popular and effective method in teaching nowadays. All countries in the world are using or tending to apply this method. Group working helps students develope their study quickly as well as communication skill. It is more suitable for teaching foreign languages.

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby iris198783 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:52 pm

As i am a high school student studying science, my method to learn best is simply understand the knowledges fully. U may find my words sound silly,everybody knows it! However, in studying science, some people may think that they have know all the syllabus well,actually, they may have a misconception.One way to check if you have any misconception is to do some follow-up exercises after learning a new concept. It really helps a lot.
iris198783

Postby paradise » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:08 pm

The best way i used in my study is to summaries and put the main ideas in points .
The one who guides to something good has a reward similar to its doer
paradise
Silver Member

Postby storm_silent » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:24 pm

i like to read the lesson before the class to have an idea about twhat the teacher is going to talk about ,,, then i love the teacher who keep asking till he reach the pointthat he want to explain ,,,

and at home,, i love studying with music ,,, it makes me feel much relax
[font=verdana]
Privilege of life is being who you are !!!
[/font]
storm_silent

Postby gill » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:59 am

i prefer learning by myself. you know, i dont have good experiences with english teachers. every simple one i saw was unable to teach us anything. so, i started to learn by myself, and im best from our class now. (god bless sites like this. youre very helpful, you know? :wink: )
HE wants us to memorize all the texts in the book. so im ignoring what HE is saying, and as i said im learning all by myself. coo coo cachoo i wont get better mark than B :wink:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity
gill
Silver Member

Next

Return to Talking Point Discussion