Olympics: Taking part is more important than winning.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

thomasly

Re: Olympics: Taking part is more important than winning.

Post by thomasly »

[quote="TalkingPoint"][size=24][b]Olympics. Taking part is more important than winning.[/b][/size]

Athletes from many different nations take part in the Olympic Games. Not everyone can win. Is it important to win? Or is it more important to participate, even if you don't win?

[color=darkred][b]Word Checker[/b][/color]
[b]take part:[/b] to participate; to be part of; to be involved
[b]important:[/b] of great significance or value
[b]win:[/b] to come first; to be victorious[/quote]
I don't think so.The desire of winningwill make me run faster,jump higher.SO my goal is win.
crystalfrogw

Post by crystalfrogw »

It is very important to participat but what is more important is that the participants chanlleng themselves and try to do the best, not just for fun. because we can have fun everywhere if we want.But a sport race is not an occasion just for fun it is an opportunity to overcome chanllenge ...........
lyphan

Post by lyphan »

In all, joining a competition is a good opportunity to evaluate entrants' ability. The people or the teams who take part in the competition do their best to reach the prize. In my opinion, it is wonderful if you get the prize, it is not a problem in the contrary.
It clear that a person/ a team win while another lose in a competition. I absolutely agree that taking part is more important than winning, because a competition is just a game.
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

In every game/competition that we participate it is not compulsory to win, but WIN and LOSE is apart of game, if we lose it will be a good experience for us to learn better and show better performance next time.
hellofriend

Post by hellofriend »

taking part is more important than winning

Recently, there is a heated discussion about the purpose of attending Olympic games, some people think athlets should try their best to win all the game, and the other group of people prefer that more and more athlets just take part in the game and no special result required. As far as i am concerned, i perfer to chose the later one . The following paragraphs will justify my statement.
Firstly, it will help ahlets release their stress if they know that they do not need to win anything. In this way, the game could attact more and more athlet to take part in the game and expand the world influence.
Secondly, taking part in the world-class game help create a wonderful environment for young athlet which alllow them to adjust the real competition. So they can be well-prepared and have a solid fundation in the following Olympic games.