EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

The tourist industry does more harm than good.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: The tourist industry does more harm than good.

Postby nguyenngocnga » Tue May 31, 2011 12:49 am

luu thuy hang day nhe' co nhe' ^^
nguyenngocnga

Postby buiquanghuy » Tue May 31, 2011 3:58 am

I agree to the statement above. For one thing, the cases of robbing are increasing rapidly. When the tourist seasons is at their peak, this is the best time for pickpockets to do their jobs. They take advantage of the time when people take part in leisure activities. Then they pretend to jostle for something and rob others of their possessions. For another, tourism costs people more than they might think. Each travel agent offers their own packages to certain groups of people according to their being affordable. In fact, when travelling there are a lot of things grabbing their attentions that paying out an amount of money is required. Last but not least, bad effects on environment are unavoidable. When tourists, especially disorganized ones, come to tourist sites, they tend to litter landscapes or anywhere convenient. It simply shows that they do not care about the places they have visited and sometimes, people living their do the same, too. In short, The tourist industry does more harm than good.

Bui Quang Huy
Ta 03-01
buiquanghuy

Postby jimcody » Wed May 08, 2013 2:23 am

I totally disagree with that. In my whole experience in teaching English to tourists, they've never become a burden to me. Tourism in the country just gets more bigger and bigger and it does help the economy of the country. I am an English teacher and at the same time I travel around the world.
jimcody

Previous

Return to Talking Point Discussion