EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

The tourist industry does more harm than good.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: The tourist industry does more harm than good.

Postby nguyenngocnga » Tue May 31, 2011 12:49 am

luu thuy hang day nhe' co nhe' ^^
nguyenngocnga

Postby buiquanghuy » Tue May 31, 2011 3:58 am

I agree to the statement above. For one thing, the cases of robbing are increasing rapidly. When the tourist seasons is at their peak, this is the best time for pickpockets to do their jobs. They take advantage of the time when people take part in leisure activities. Then they pretend to jostle for something and rob others of their possessions. For another, tourism costs people more than they might think. Each travel agent offers their own packages to certain groups of people according to their being affordable. In fact, when travelling there are a lot of things grabbing their attentions that paying out an amount of money is required. Last but not least, bad effects on environment are unavoidable. When tourists, especially disorganized ones, come to tourist sites, they tend to litter landscapes or anywhere convenient. It simply shows that they do not care about the places they have visited and sometimes, people living their do the same, too. In short, The tourist industry does more harm than good.

Bui Quang Huy
Ta 03-01
buiquanghuy

Postby jimcody » Wed May 08, 2013 2:23 am

I totally disagree with that. In my whole experience in teaching English to tourists, they've never become a burden to me. Tourism in the country just gets more bigger and bigger and it does help the economy of the country. I am an English teacher and at the same time I travel around the world.
jimcody

Postby irenapol » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:32 pm

Well, we can find many arguments for and against tourism. But in my opinion, the main point is that tourists bring money to the economy of their destination country, which helps the local people to improve their standards of living. Or even to survive. In many countries, where unemployment rate is really high, tourism is the only sourse on income. Let's take Crimea, for example. I know that many people there rely on tourist season to earn enough money for the whole year to come, they put every posiible room for rent, often moving out of their house themselves. I am afraid, this year many people lost such a possibility, which made it impossible for them to earn anything. Unfortunately, Mr Putin doesn't care.
irenapol

Postby alicjapie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:57 pm

According to me, tourism brings more good than harm. Well, this is a huge gain money, promotion of the city or state and the general development of the industry. On tourism are gaining not only people, travel agencies, but also the entire economy of the state.
alicjapie

Postby mcIlob » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:05 pm

There are arguments for and against... But in my point of view tourism does more harm. I know that it's good way to earn some money, but sometimes we should think about environment. People don't care about place where they are and thereupon these places are more polluted. Moreover people are destroying some areas to build many hotel complexs... It caused that in touristic places in the world there are to many people, lots of noise and rubbish etc.
mcIlob

Postby dariakur » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:46 pm

I agree with this sentence, that tourist industry cause more harm than good. People have to deforestation to built next factory or hotel. Tourist produce pullutions, and generally rubbish everywhere. No one is responsible for that, so our environment going to destroy, and nobody can stop it. In addition tourist industry is too much, and people still built new place for that without sense and it always brings a lot of noise for everyone, so it cant be relax for tourists only stressed.
dariakur

Postby lesoli » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:12 pm

Ithink that there are a lot of advantages and disadvantages. Thanks tourists people can earn some money and the economy is developing. Moreover country is promoted abroad. But on the other hand natural landscapes are being destroyed. Tourists are also pollutting environment.
lesoli

Postby Milllkaaaa » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:29 pm

,,The tourist industry does more harm than good."

it is true.
More and more people travel. It couses more and more new roads, bulidings, shops, hotels etc.
It is reason less and less forest area or free places ( without different facilities ). People move around by cars, plants, trains, which make polution. Our curiosity is very big. We want visit a lot of places for example mountais, forest and everywhere we leave rubbish. It is dangerous for environement.
Milllkaaaa

Previous

Return to Talking Point Discussion