Young People and Smoking

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

shezgillani

Post by shezgillani »

the strategy of making people have a lot of what they want to get rid of has remained of choice not only by common men but also by physicians and psychiatrists. It is an important tool used for behaviour modification. So I agree with those of you who sujjest to make the addicted youngsters continue smoking without pause, no matter how many cigarettes are taken, they shouldnt stop until they feel nauseated. This will be the last day for them to think about smoking without qualms. :lol:
the best

Post by the best »

i'm very glad to participat in discussion.this is my first message in club.so.smoking is very bad behaviour.and has meny desadvantagous certanly in the body.brain.but.are smoking peaple know that or not?
nearly all peaple smoking are know that!
my advice to these peaple is.
1-do any thing in your wast time to keep yourself working
2-shoulden't think that isn't solution for any problems.so
3-the solution is near you but isn't in cegarettes.
4-you should know that any problem has a high point.so
5-after your pations the problem will go down.
best wishes.
juhaina

Post by juhaina »

There are several ways in order to prevent people from smoking and in top of them is the warning messages which can be hung up on every wall of every building whether it is at work, universities, shops, and so on. These must be horrible and frank as it must contain the fatal diseases that smoking may lead to like lung cancer, and tuberculosis and as noha said it must include some pictures of the two lungs (lung of normal person and lung of suffered person). Also, the symptoms of these diseases must be mentioned.

Hope this could be helpful!!!

Post by Guest »

juhaina wrote:There are several ways in order to prevent people from smoking and in top of them is the warning messages which can be hung up on every wall of every building whether it is at work, universities, shops, and so on. These must be horrible and frank as it must contain the fatal diseases that smoking may lead to like lung cancer, and tuberculosis and as noha said it must include some pictures of the two lungs (lung of normal person and lung of suffered person). Also, the symptoms of these diseases must be mentioned.

Hope this could be helpful!!!
It might get into some young people, I think. It's because advertisement industry is really powerful. If advertisements didn't work, business companies wouldn't spend thousands to millions of money to advertise their products.
I don't know about others, but for me, they sure work. I remember in one summer I saw a posting of some girl was holding her ice cream. It was a hot summer and wherever I went, I would see that posting so I finally ended up buying that ice cream's kind. :lol:
Honey

Post by Honey »

Some people say neither yes nor say NO... They just take the cigarette! And the consequences of smoking aren't unknown.

So I do agree with you: the power of our own will, mind and body is the only progressive cure to break with the habit. :wink:

So say NOOOOOOOO to smoking. :evil:
But say it aloud.

And beat your tongue whenever you feel like smoking. :lol:
Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday
pong366

pong

Post by pong366 »

I think that the teens are affected from the wrong fashions to smoke, want to do something by themselves. They want to be freedom in their life as a result they smoke the cigarettes. However It is the best way to stop young people smoking. We don't control them but we have a good choice in order to solution this problem. I don't smoke, dislike a black smoking because of very bad for health. In this case It was made the cancer very harm and risk to be the disese in lung (cancer). Smoking is not good anyware. Additionally It was made around people to be annoyed for them. I can say that it is worth for themselves. I rarely like when someone is smoking a cigarette I immediately go away because of smell the black smoking. It just my opinions only may be right or wrong. Your kindness should be good for me if you sugest me thank for your ideas to show on this bord. Talk to all later.
Honey

Post by Honey »

If none of these reasons are relevant for them, at least they should consider the beauty aspect: it spoils your wonderful smile. :mrgreen:
Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday
natel

comprehension of the "I am smoking" fact

Post by natel »

I have read all the messages containing the opinions of the members of club about smoking. I don't agree with some of them. One of them: "the family influences a lot on a person". So my parents don't smoke but I do. My cousin's parents smoke and she doesn't. I can find a thread here: I never felt smoke at home so for me to test a cigarette was something new, interested that I have never tasted before. She (my cousin) inhaled smoke since her childhood and she started to hate it inside her mind and she understood by her second ego she would never smoke. So she doesn't smoke now. From this example we can see the influence of the family on the person but it's a negative impact. I can not see any other impact provided by family. I have a good family. My mother is a teacher. When she knew that I smoked she tried to explained me in an understandable way that it is a bad habit. I understood her but I didn't give up smoking. You should understand that everything depends on a person himself. It much more worse when we try to make somebody give up smoking. A person's nature is arranged so that if we make him/her do something he/she will do it conversely. The comprehension of the fact "I should give up smoking" must come itself. The other matter is that it can come too late.
sky888walker

simple solution...

Post by sky888walker »

Issue the following regulation:

Everyone can smoke but he/she must use closed helmet whilst smoking and no smoke may leak out until he/she is finished smoking.

Any violation of this rule, should be beaten 100000000 times.

lool
A simple answer using simple words from a simple and humble man
authorityquery
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by authorityquery »

Good way sky,
I don't like smoking, It's terrible.
I think the government should make strong laws, ang force people who smoke has to pay for their smoke very expensive price. It's a kind of fee to make the air cleaner, or invent to poor countryside to improve their environment, and also to protect environment.
Thanks.
MTV i like most wanted

Re: simple solution...

Post by Guest »

sky888walker wrote:Issue the following regulation:

Everyone can smoke but he/she must use closed helmet whilst smoking and no smoke may leak out until he/she is finished smoking.

Any violation of this rule, should be beaten 100000000 times.
lool
Talking about dictatorship and old-age. :lol:
Dream

Post by Dream »

So my parents don't smoke but I do. My cousin's parents smoke and she doesn't. I can find a thread here: I never felt smoke at home so for me to test a cigarette was something new, interested that I have never tasted before. She (my cousin) inhaled smoke since her childhood and she started to hate it inside her mind and she understood by her second ego she would never smoke. So she doesn't smoke now.
I have another example: my father smoke a lot. I don't smoke and never try, but my brother smoke. I don't think only family influences on a person, it depends on many other things (may be some stress situation) or people who are near :!: .
Of course, smoking is not good, but every person makes his own choice. It's neccessary to give an advice to the person who begin smoke, but not prohibit!
...Be happy...
Anin

how to stop

Post by Anin »

Well,
I do agree with that opinion about the will. It is the most impostant thing when one wants to stop smoking. Without the strong , iron will nothing helps.
And referring to smoking children I would say that the same thing, although in their case, the strong will should be used to resist the outside pressure (friends, mass media estc.)
Anyway, the example from parents is also extremely important. :tick:
Hi I am 18 and I would like to change my opinions with you.
tandedao

Post by tandedao »

Smoking is really a big problem in the world.
Everyone should pay attention to its bad effection.
openboy

Post by openboy »

I am somking. But I hate somke, because it's a mistake to me. I don't like it, but I feel like don't leave it. My God.

Post by Guest »

Try nicotin patches. They should be the ones that help although most cases they don't, but who knows.
manrat

Post by manrat »

Not too long ago I read a newspaper article about smoking in Germany. It said that approx. one quarter of all German 15-year-olds smoke. There is a project in Heidelberg, called "No Butts". It wants to bring teenagers between 12 and 17 to a hospital specializing in lung disease and give them a firsthand look at the devastation caused by smoking. They interviewed the project leader in this article and he said that the shock-tactic education often has an immediate resonance and many attendees leave his seminars vowing to quit. So far so good ... but he added it often fails to translate into quitting smoking :( They also try to reach and educate the kids who have not yet started to smoke.
Coolfish

Post by Coolfish »

I think smoking is a habbit. Young people are easy to be changed by the ones around him such as friends, parents. We can teache them a good living habbit by TV or other media. This might be the best way.
Last edited by Coolfish on Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Coolfish wrote:I think smoking is a habbit. Young people are easy to be changed by the ones around him such as friends, parents. We can teacher them a good living habbit by TV or other media. This might be the best way.
My cousin got curious about smoking when he was 10. He started smoking around that age and not only smoking cigarettes, he tried to smoke other things also. He's addicted to smoking; it's not just a habit to him any longer. Now it's become a must-to-do thing. He can't go for an hour or two without having a cigarette. I think when people get addicted to smoking, it will no longer be their habit or their way of getting out their problems, it's become a must. Really dangerous. That's why I hate smokers.
Coolfish

Post by Coolfish »

Hi LennyeTran,
Truly, it is quite difficult to quit of smoking. Maybe the longer the smoker is, and the more difficult the quitting is. But I think it should be much easier when he just began to smoke, since it was not a must-to-do thing yet.
Most of young people were just curious when they started smoking. They didn't know whether it is right or not, or what effort it is. Although you told them, most cases they wouldn't listen to you.
If we made the no-smoking become a style of life or even a fasion, then we could change young people easily.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Coolfish wrote: Hi LennyeTran,
Truly, it is quite difficult to quit of smoking. Maybe the longer the smoker is, and the more difficult the quitting is. But I think it should be much easier when he just began to smoke, since it was not a must-to-do thing yet.
This is true.
Coolfish wrote:Most of young people were just curious when they started smoking. They didn't know whether it is right or not, or what effort it is. Although you told them, most cases they wouldn't listen to you.
If we made the no-smoking become a style of life or even a fasion, then we could change young people easily.
Well, I don't think I would tell my kids whether smoking is right or wrong. It's because they don't give a ***n if it's right or wrong when they want to do it, to me. The more you forbid it, the more they thirsts for a desire of breaking your rules. Don't you remember a time that you crave yourself to break certain rules??? Well, I have :lol: . The best ways, to me, are take them to a hospital so they could have a talk with smoking people who are in treatment for certain diseases because of smoking, show them pictures of diseases that cause by smoking, spend time with them more to keep an eye on them, tell them how many bad chemicals a cigarette has. The last one is quite uncertain since some kids are weirdos (no offense, mommies and daddies out there). I'm afraid they might say, "cool! I'm a living experiment of smoking. They should pay me for smoking." If it happens, I don't think I could find myself saying something beside freaking out.
someone_cute

Post by someone_cute »

We can do some of the solutions that some members mention ..
But the most important thing you have 2 know is that there is no use from all these solutions if stop smoking is not coming from a hinest desire from the smoker because he may do that reaction for the advicer or afraid from someone so he back 2 smoking again and again ..
«®°•.¸.•°°•.¸.•°™ someone cute .•°®»
sunnyni

Post by sunnyni »

I found more and more guy around me don't smoke now.
It is a good beginning i think. As i know , smoking will do more harm to nonsmoker than to smoker.
First,I think if we taught the young people that smoking is a bad habit ,it is not a elegant manner and it will degrade himself when he hasn't trouch the cigarette. There will be less and less smoker.
Second, the cigarette company who produce the cigarette and the sales agency should have a more heavy tax ,for they produce the poison to all the people not only to the smoker.So they should give more capital for the public medical treatment.

These is my opinion.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

sunnyni wrote:I found more and more guy around me don't smoke now.
Me, too. Sometimes, it makes me forget that there are smokers out there.
sunnyni wrote: Second, the cigarette company who produce the cigarette and the sales agency should have a more heavy tax ,for they produce the poison to all the people not only to the smoker.So they should give more capital for the public medical treatment.

These is my opinion.
Exactly.
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

hi, as i already heard here it depends very much from person to person, i have never smoked in my life and is the kind of think that probably i will never do, otherwise i know very much people that just can't live without the tobacco, i have a friend in my work that she is completely addicted to tobacco and she is always saying that it doesn't have money to nothing, sometimes i explain that she spend more money with tobacco then me in my big holidays, she seems to understand but it’s more strong then her,

Cheers,

Rui Pedro
jiren

use my method!!

Post by jiren »

in fact ,i could not deny i am absolutely a heavy smoker several monthes before,but now i have utterly get rid of it from my stomach , the simply reason is that i don't have enough money ,which could arose the criticism of if i was once a heavy smoker ? i think this condition is excrescent,you need not to doubt it ,it is true !!
if you don't have enough money to satisfy your appetite,if you don't have enough money to ensure yourself be healthy,if you don't have enough money to therapy your illness,if you ----you really have cut off the cigarette consumption,in that case ,you may have a better life !!
Trantrung

Post by Trantrung »

I'd like every morning in my coffee there is some cigaret and a cup of coffee. That is my habit
I wander'd lonely as a cloud
natsu0713

Young People and Smoking

Post by natsu0713 »

Like lots of members mentioned that the age of smoking cigarette is decreasing. This is a serious problem. Cigarette advertisements always promote to the public that smoking is cool, it means maturity and so forth.

I think the ways to solve the youngster smoking problem include:

1)education: to correct the youth's value judgement toward smoking, give lectures to them, and show them the dark rotten lungs, no matter in pictures or personally.

2)price raising: Raising cigaretttes' prices double, triple, or fourfold. Thus, it will not be so easy-accessible for the youth.

3)prohibition: Since people will be addicted to cigarettes, then why doesn't the Government just ban it, list it as one kind of drugs? Besides, I always think that smoking cigarettes is also causing air pollution. It is unendurable for people who do not smoke. Furthermore, most of the people who get lung cancer are the ones who are closed to smokers.

Above are my opinions. Personally speaking, I do not like smoking. Whenever I smell it, I will feel dizzy and want to vomit. For the smoker, they would say that the reason why they want to smoke is that they could feel relaxed or relieved. However, if they want to feel that, they can find other ways to feel that too.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Young People and Smoking

Post by MissLT »

natsu0713 wrote:Like lots of members mentioned that the age of smoking cigarette is decreasing. This is a serious problem. Cigarette advertisements always promote to the public that smoking is cool, it means maturity and so forth.

I think the ways to solve the youngster smoking problem include:

1)education: to correct the youth's value judgement toward smoking, give lectures to them, and show them the dark rotten lungs, no matter in pictures or personally.

2)price raising: Raising cigaretttes' prices double, triple, or fourfold. Thus, it will not be so easy-accessible for the youth.

3)prohibition: Since people will be addicted to cigarettes, then why doesn't the Government just ban it, list it as one kind of drugs? Besides, I always think that smoking cigarettes is also causing air pollution. It is unendurable for people who do not smoke. Furthermore, most of the people who get lung cancer are the ones who are closed to smokers.

Above are my opinions. Personally speaking, I do not like smoking. Whenever I smell it, I will feel dizzy and want to vomit. For the smoker, they would say that the reason why they want to smoke is that they could feel relaxed or relieved. However, if they want to feel that, they can find other ways to feel that too.
I think it will be the most effective way. It will reduce the rate of teenagers who try to smoke to get out of their problems or being cool with their peers.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

One good news are the measures taken in Spain !

http://www.lukor.com/articulos/041113.htm

Prohibition of smoking in most public place !

Prohibition of advertising for smoking and cigarettes !

If freedom means making health bad, I won't put freedom in my priorities.

Shokin
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

I don't smoke siggaret ,
but I left the Habble-bobble 2 months
lyphan

Re:

Post by lyphan »

Guest wrote:There are several reasons why young people smoke. They are involved with peer pressure, popularity, self-esteem, anxiety, personal problems and so on. Thus, we can't educate them about the effect of smoking because the information is everywhere. Also, as being young and teen, they won't listen to anything. They think they're smart enough to know what's right and wrong and they can decide their own lives. Consequently, one way we need to do is we have to go deep down to solve the problem why they wanted to smoke and then try to find a solution for it. When the problem they're having is gone, they'll be more mature to know smoking is not good for their health and others's.
I strongly agree with you that people who smoke know how bad it is for their health. But it is so difficult for them to give up. For the reason that at first they smoke to feel pleasant or excited whenever they are in trouble or under pressure. Therefore smoking is something like a medicine that boosts their morale. And then they are addicted, they smoke whenever they are in trouble or under pressure. Over and over again, they feel it impossible to give up smoking.