EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Does it really matter how we treat babies?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby Dixie » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:01 pm

I once heard a story about an orphanage where something very weird was going on in the babies' room. It was a room filled with cribs, one next to another. For months, the orphanage staff observed that the babies that slept in the last crib of the row grew up healthier and happier. Why did that happen? What was wrong with that crib?

Well the answer was simple: every night, after the maid had finished her task, she would rest by the last crib, and talk and caress the baby in it.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Thoughts » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:55 pm

I think it is very significant subjet & it must be taken in our consideration, due to its greatest importance. There is no doubt , babies are our future , through them we hope to accomplish our dreams, ambitions & aims, that we had no opportunity to achieve them. Babies are our delightful God's gift,& the successful end of our life. They will complete our life messge to maintain our traditions, beliefs, & moralities from one generation to another,which enable them to do the best for their families & their homelands.They are our young future & we proudly see our glorious future through them.
Thoughts

Re: Does it really matter how we treat babies?

Postby Chet Baker » Wed May 16, 2007 4:53 am

TalkingPoint wrote:Considering that we can't remember anything from the first one or two years of our lives (at least), does it really matter how we treat babies and toddlers?

What do YOU think?

Baby child is so vulnerable, we must treat them very carefully, even though, they might not remember what happened to him in his 1 - 2 years old.
Chet Baker
Gold Member

Let´s put it the easy way.

Postby javzm » Tue May 22, 2007 5:26 am

Of course it matters the way we treat and teach our sons. Let me just ask you something. Would you like to be treatted nice and with love or would you like to be mistreatted or would you like to be abuse by someone. Babies, eventhough they can not express themsleve they have feelings and they undestand what happend at their enviroment.

So of course it matter and we should all take care of our babies and of the childs.
javzm
Silver Member

Postby mita » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:08 am

i think they don't sense what's good or bad for them but they can feel what make them comfortable or uncomfortable
mita

Postby KeQing » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:31 am

I am a mother of a six month years old baby now. You don't know that how clever they are. They use their clear eyes to watch what is going on around them. They smile to you if you treat them in a kind way, them cry if you do any bad things to them. Maybe they really can not remember thing at their early age, but it not means we can treat them as we like, right? How come if you have pet dog or cat? They can not speak also, but you can treat them bad? No!!!right, you will love them.
KeQing

Postby skorpion » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:50 pm

sandra wrote:I have no baby, so not an expert :lol: But I regard it as a common sense we should treat every human beings in this world with mercy.

Having a baby does not make you an expert. Were that true, we wouldn't have so many broken families in the world.

I remember seeing and listening to many experts on the matter saying that the most important years in a person's life are the first 5 years, because during these years the person builds up his/her personality, which is very very important to suceed in any society.

Also, I remember this news I saw about a year ago, where this hospital where twins were born very early, and they noticed a baby was not doing so well. The nurse decided to put both babies in the same machine... she was thinking that perhaps the company of the little bother could help the sick one.

I was very surprising to see how the little baby improved his health. And it was amazing to see the little brother's support: he usually "hugged" his brother by putting his arms just above his brother's chest... sort of like cheering him up.

Ain't it touching?
skorpion

Re: Does it really matter how we treat babies?

Postby Lithium » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:57 pm

TalkingPoint wrote:Considering that we can't remember anything from the first one or two years of our lives (at least), does it really matter how we treat babies and toddlers?

What do YOU think?

First : We think that we can't remember anything from the first one or two years of our lives , but in reality we remember that by doing something which is related to our mind ...( my teacher said that xD ) so , it really matters how we treat babies and toddlers .

ps: sorry my english is poor
Lithium

sure

Postby norhan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:53 pm

sure it's really matter how we treat babies
and toddlers?
I think we all teart babies and toddlers with a different way
these differences have an impact on how good the experience of childhood is
so if u want a good person u have to prepare this person from the beginning u have to treat him very well u have to respect him from the beginnig.
norhan

Postby shokin » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:16 pm

Do you do it for the babies or for your reputation ? :lol:

Hey, baby ! wash the dishes, clean the kitchen, bring me my beer. :lol: (mouarf)

You do it to be happy, not for your social image.

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion