EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do animals have a sense of humour?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Do animals have a sense of humour?

Postby ArnauEstanyol » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:36 am

I think that what we do is to humanize our animals. The animals have developed some primary emotions and instinctive behaviours but they have no rational mechanisms, so they don't have the ability to develop the humour sense.

That's not an absolute truth. We cannot compare the mental mechanism of a chimpanzee with a frog.
ArnauEstanyol
Gold Member

Postby vijai » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:04 am

yes,they do.i have seen it from dogs.i think most of you have seen that.
vijai

Postby Krisi » Mon May 06, 2013 3:32 pm

vijai wrote:yes,they do.i have seen it from dogs.i think most of you have seen that.

I agree with you. For those who haven't had a chance to own a dog, they won't understand.
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby emilkatok » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Yes, they do !

I have dog and cat. My dog is old but always he want playing. He runs with his toys for example bone, stone or ball. I see that he is smiling , because his eyes gleam. My dog sometimes makes me joke. He takes me my shoes and he carrys them outdoor.
My cat is bigger comic. My cat called Drapka. She is prankster. She runs everywhere. When I do my homework, she sits on my desk and knock down everything. She like biting when someone sleep, because she want playing all time.

Accordnig to my example , and other fanny stories I can tell: ANIMALS HAVE A SENSE OD HUMOR. meybe sometimes animals have bigger a sense od humor than some people. {-:
emilkatok

Postby mcIlob » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:08 pm

I suppose animals do not have a sense of humor but they are friendly and sometimes they can do something funny or silly and it makes us smile and laugh, but I don't think that is an evidence of a sense of humor.
mcIlob

Postby lesoli » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:15 pm

I don't know if animals have a sense of humour. Some people talk to their pets but I think that they don't understand them. Animals have got they own language which people will never get to know. But some animals do funny things like getting around in circles and that makes us laugh .
lesoli

Postby alexandra » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:27 pm

I don't agree with this expression, because animals can't speak and tell f.e. jokes. They make somebody smile, but this doesn't mean: "They have a sense of humour". Moreover, that, animals perform ridiculous activites, doesn't signify the view.
alexandra

Postby Klaudyna » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:07 pm

I think that it isn't true that animals have a sense of humor because they are only animals and they aren't like people who can talk, laugh and feel. I know that animals sometimes can do a lot of funny things and they can put on a variety of funny and crazy positions but nonetheless in my opinin they haven't a sense of humor because they aren't beings who are able to communicate through speech.
Klaudyna

Postby Duccini » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:00 am

Well, if this is not sense of humour, somebody please tell me what it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfOW2CKoobE
Duccini

Postby wojcieszek » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:39 pm

I think it's true that animals have a sense of humour. Many people record videos as their pets behave ridiculously. For example, dance or move his head to the beat of the music.

I also had a funny situation with a dog my grandparents when I was six years old. Max was huge so I was afraid of him and always walked to the shed with my grandfather. One day I couldn't go for a grandfather, so Max ran up to me and put his paws on my shoulders. I got scared and I fell to the ground, and Max just started licking me. I was terrified, and for him it was fun.
wojcieszek

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion