EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Are left-handed people disadvantaged?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

OF COURSE THERE'S DISADVANTAGE

Postby stinks » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:18 pm

In my opinion there's disadvantage between left-handed people and right-handed people.
when I was young my mom forced me to write with right hand becauce I'm left-handed. I think that is disadvantage for left-handed peole because it is natural habit and people force them to change it. It's unfair for us, left-handed people.
Since left-handed people should be allowed to write with their left hand.
stinks

Start from your family.

Postby Bambang » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:15 am

Dear stinks

I think you should change that rule which forces left-handers to write with right hand. Start from you family first, neighborhood, country, and this world at the end.

Psychologically speaking, it's not good for one's mentality to get forced to do something that is against his body nature.
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

Re: Are left-handed people disadvantaged?

Postby skorpion » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:31 pm

TalkingPoint wrote:To what extent are left-handed people disadvantaged in the world today?

What do you think?

Are we disadvantaged? Nope!

:wink:
skorpion

Postby hedwig14 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:37 am

coz they are outnumbered? i think they're very artistic.. their right hemisphere is more developed than ours. they have their own advantages..
hedwig14
Gold Member

Postby yinzhang » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:05 pm

I think that using left hand to do things is really cool! many of my teachers and friends are left-handed. I like that.
There was a period of time when I practised writing in my left hand, but I just couldn't make it, hehe.
yinzhang
Silver Member

Re:

Postby lyphan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:47 am

UFO wrote:
keeper wrote:i heard that left-hand people is more clever than right-hand people,is that true?

not clever but creative

That is right.
Napoleon is left-handed.
In my opinion, left-handed people have some more advantages.
It is clear that mobile phone be popular nowadays. Each person has at least one. Scientists have shown that your brain is affected more when you use your right ear to make a phone call. It is simply to see that the left-handed people usually use their left ear, not the right one.
lyphan
Silver Member

Re:

Postby coolg » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:11 pm

Shazzam wrote:I have noticed that most people that are right handed have neater hand writting :? . I think in some instances too because of the universal way that writing books are made it is easy for them to smudge their work. What do you think? :idea:

It might be possible, but refering to my right hand writing, it is not neat at all {-;
And it became worse and worse since I'm used to typing on my keyboard {-:
coolg

Postby ArnauEstanyol » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:43 am

My son is ambidextrous. We have always thought that's an advantage. But my aunt, when she was young, her parents tied his left hand so could not use it. A barbaric thing.
ArnauEstanyol
Gold Member

Postby sweethuman » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:14 am

I dont personally dont think so it makes any difference whether you are right hinded or left hinded or if there is any magneficence to be right handed. However in an article I have read that the right handed live 9 years more than as compare to the left handed people, :!!: Though I dont think so it can have any reality. :-?
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Previous

Return to Talking Point Discussion