EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Are people happier in hot countries?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Postby abcdefgh » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:59 am

Happiness is a state of mind. In the similar set of circumstances, people can be happy and unhappy at the same time. If our mind is trained to see hope and happiness, it will automatically target at being happy. {-:
abcdefgh

Postby dreamatworksnow » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:37 pm

I think there should be both kind of climate in your area. There should not be only cold or only hot. Intially I like cold weather. But after 5years, viral infection has started. If I listen to my doctor, I should not eat bananas, curd and all refrigerated items. I must avoid cocacola.. I used to cocacola. But , Now I don't have the option. If I drink a bottle of cola, I don't feel good after 3-4 hours. Runny nose, cough..
I can't enjoy the weather now..I want to go outside, but my wife always refuses me to go.She is right. If I get unwell, she is the person, who needs to suffer.

Now whenver I get time, I love to go to some hot place. Although it is hot outside, I can enjoy the weather. In hot climate, your health will be in good condition.All germs, viruses will die due to hot weather..
dreamatworksnow

Postby lusina » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Actually it depends on you. So one can make his day happier without taking into consiredation the weather conditions, but not all people manage to do that.
lusina

Postby emresenoglu » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:18 pm

I live at the shore of Mediterranean sea. Mediterranean culture's people healthy and happier than other cultures. Mediterraean climate is hot and mild.
emresenoglu

Postby Krisi » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:30 am

Probably, because our minds' condition change with the season. :-)
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby ekram » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:11 pm

In my opinion happynee doesnt depend on climate or a country.But weather may affect our mood and behaviour , in my country we have tow season in ayear(summer and winter).However variety is required and ahuman can adapt himselfe to live in everywhere. :lol: :lol:
ekram

Postby sweethuman » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:53 am

I am sure weather and climate has affect on peoples mood however I disagree that hot or cold weather can be a reason for happiness or the change of ones nature.
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Postby kminang » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:31 pm

Why do people who live in very cold countries seem more miserable than people who live in hot climates?

I am sure, if you just have one climate, it must be depressing. All the time you feel cold or all the time you feel hot {-: At least, it's better to live in two climates or four climates... :mrgreen:

--- Please correct my sentences... ---
kminang

Postby Shoori » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:55 pm

I like cold weather but I live in Spain. This country is usually sunny days. I like raining and cloudy days!
Shoori

Postby safia » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:04 pm

there is no doubt that hot country dwellers are far happier than their counterpart in cold countries.Peoples who live in polar region do not see the sun regularly and this had a great impact on their mood and behavior.According to statistics carried out by psychology experts in New York university, climatic changes has great influence on every day lives.despite the fact that happiness are directly co-related with hot climates,we can not ignore the sense of annoyance that we may encounter with sunny days.
safia

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion