EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

"Marriages" between people of the same sex?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

This is also our problem.

Postby Bambang » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:44 pm

krisi wrote::D :arrow: Honestly, this is comical. But it's their life we're out of this.

Dear Krisi,

We're not out of this.

This is also our problem.

What would happen if 50 % of this world population got married to the same sex?

What a mess :!:
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

Postby nightwish » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:23 am

What a mess :!:

what kind of a mess?...

it might sounds like an unusul or an extraordinary thing. But, we can't change anyone's conceptions and perspectives, just by saying: "this thing that you do is wrong, and an illegal thing". Briefly, we can't prevent him/her of doing what makes him/her feel happy. In the end, its his/her own life we can disagree with him/her but we can't just come and prevent him/her of doing such a thing.

that's my opinion :!:
nightwish
Silver Member

We need balances

Postby Bambang » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:12 pm

"Keep your balance or you'll fall"
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Moody » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:34 am

First of all we need to see that word,"marriage" or "marry" originates from where? It originate from religion. And all religions unanomously describes it as spirtual binding between man and women only. And all Abrahimic religions disapprove gay or lesbian relationships or binding. So, if somebody wants to bind them self in the same sex relationship, then WHY insist on word marriage (or in other words seek religious approval)??? If you can choose to live your way, then why ask religions to change their meanings or ways according to your rules! If you have the legal right, YOU CAN MAKE A CHOICE, BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT THE RELIGIONS ARE ALSO LEGALLY BOUND TO CHANGE THEIR MEANINGS TOO!!
Moody
Silver Member

Postby lady » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:05 am

in my opinion think it different namely this exchangeable according to people[/u][/i]
lady

Postby Moody » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:09 pm

lady wrote:in my opinion think it different namely this exchangeable according to people[/u][/i]

What do you mean by that?
Are you asking, to read the minds or to change the meaning of words?

I'm sorry but for me gay relation means going in toooo deeeep s.h.i.t....no offense but you know what I mean, I just can't imagine!!
Moody
Silver Member

Postby Alfabeto » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:42 pm

"Same-sex marriage" is an oxymoron. It's impossible because the concept of marriage or "matrimony" (from Latin "mater" = mother)necessarily involves a man and a woman. It's possible however to create a similar institution just for gay people and call it something else.
Alfabeto

Postby quangson » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:46 am

i'm afraid of the gaymen
quangson
Silver Member

Re: "Marriages" between people of the same sex?

Postby ANAS » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:25 pm

in fact, this is nats.

I can't believe that happen in somewhere on the earth. As you know that is unusual and against the natural. The people who do it must treat him self form this ill before miss his life.
ANAS

Re:

Postby MissLT » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:49 am

[quote="Moody"]First of all we need to see that word,"marriage" or "marry" originates from where? It originate from religion. And all religions unanomously describes it as spirtual binding between man and women only. And all Abrahimic religions disapprove gay or lesbian relationships or binding. So, if somebody wants to bind them self in the same sex relationship, then WHY insist on word marriage (or in other words seek religious approval)??? If you can choose to live your way, then why ask religions to change their meanings or ways according to your rules! If you have the legal right, YOU CAN MAKE A CHOICE, BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT THE RELIGIONS ARE ALSO LEGALLY BOUND TO CHANGE THEIR MEANINGS TOO!![/quote]

May I ask you what a religion usually teaches you? Does love, the basic and power of all things on earth, involve? Or is it merely a foundation that you can grab on to escape your fear of different beliefs? This world has so much hate because of fear of the unknowns. Life is too short to even love, so why must you spend your time to hate and forbid people to do things that bound to pure love?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion