EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

"Marriages" between people of the same sex?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby julka » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:18 am

hi everybody.
marriages between pipl of the same sex is smth rather new in the world. And there will always be thousands of different opinions: some1 saying oh ~, how is it possible, why does our government allows these marriages; some1 says ok it's up to them, why not; and the religious point of view will always be NO. There will be falways pro and con. If you wanna know my opinion, I'am not against, and I'm not 100% for these mattiages. I'll explain why: to me it seem very uncommon. but from the other hand I can understand those pipl (same sex couples) - they do not like people of the opposite sex. In some cases it is because of nature, in others smth else. So what of that? WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE THEM. ONLY GOD IS THEIR GUDGE. if they are happy with each other, why not. Though frankly speaking when i saw Elton Jonh and his fiance wedding, i was touched. That was so lovely, and the same time a bit funny. Two guys, and they are husband and WHO?????
Life is a strange thing, you know.
julka

Postby MissLT » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:23 am

julka wrote: Though frankly speaking when i saw Elton Jonh and his fiance wedding, i was touched. That was so lovely, and the same time a bit funny. Two guys, and they are husband and WHO?????
Life is a strange thing, you know.

I believe one is less feminine than the other. Or you can put it as less gay :lol: :lol: . That one is the bride. Heh heh heh heh...
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby julka » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:27 am

you know some weeks ago, there was kind of a discussion in our country. I'll explain. Gays and lesbians wanted to make a gay parade (like those in other european countries). BUT: our government and church forbided them to engage in this kind of things. I guess that is right cuz our pipl didn't get used to such kind of feasts.Though there're lot of gays in our show business, in our government, schools and wherever :wink:
julka

Postby julka » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:30 am

[quote="LennyeTran"][quote="julka"] That one is the bride. Heh heh heh heh...
Sounds funny. HE IS A BRIDE. Isn't it? :) where our world goes??? what will be next??? :?
julka

Postby MissLT » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:38 am

julka wrote:you know some weeks ago, there was kind of a discussion in our country. I'll explain. Gays and lesbians wanted to make a gay parade (like those in other european countries). BUT: our government and church forbided them to engage in this kind of things. I guess that is right cuz our pipl didn't get used to such kind of feasts.Though there're lot of gays in our show business, in our government, schools and wherever :wink:

Awwww... what a pity! If you had been to any gay parade, then you would have known how fun it would be. My aunt and uncle from Vietnam came to the States to visit us last year were so amazed with the San Francisco gay parade.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:41 am

julka wrote:Sounds funny. HE IS A BRIDE. Isn't it? :) where our world goes??? what will be next??? :?

I don't know which one is the bride, but we had our discussion in Current News and I remember saying the thin man was the bride. "Gotta watch my girly figure, my dear" :lol: :lol:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby julka » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:55 am

Yeah, i have not been to gay parades, but have seen different gay shows in clubs. That was really fascinating, i must say, and really beautiful. I like gays cuz they are different from other guys (i mean their gestures, habits, manners) and i really think they are sweet and lovely :wink:
julka

Postby MissLT » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:59 am

julka wrote:Yeah, i have not been to gay parades, but have seen different gay shows in clubs. That was really fascinating, i must say, and really beautiful. I like gays cuz they are different from other guys (i mean their gestures, habits, manners) and i really think they are sweet and lovely :wink:

The only thing that pisses me off is when gay guys are hot and good-looking. I mean, can they at least be bi and not completely gay?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby julka » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:17 am

Good question. But i think if he is gay, then he is every inch a gay. that's life buddy. If I'm natural, tham I'm natural to the marrow of my bones.
julka

Postby julka » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:22 am

bis and gays are different. a complete gay will not be interested in ladies, like a usuaul guy can't be interested in a man, cuz he feels disgust even at the thought.
julka

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion