EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Should nobody or everybody have a gun?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby Ilzy » Sat May 19, 2007 9:13 pm

Yeah... It is sad thing about humans... All the things they invent originally with good purpose.. later they use against themselves.. Like dynamite.

I firmly belive that wars doesn't make sense at all!!!

I am a graet believer in peace!!!!

I share the opinion that if people would not have weapons they create something else...

Sadly, but fact... :cry:
User avatar
Ilzy
Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 10:58 pm
Location: Use to be Latvia, since last July United Kingdom

GUNS?

Postby Bambang » Sun May 20, 2007 6:57 am

Dear friends.

Every product of technology has two sides : bad sides and good sides, so does a gun.

Guns can be used for good purposes such as to maintain security and order or maintain national defence from being attacked by outsiders. And ideally, they must be held by responsible apparatus.

The next question is " Are civilians entitled for guns ?" The answer is : DEPEND. If they use the guns for good reasons, Why not ? however, if they use it for bad things, they must be forbidden to have one.

In my opinion, as long as they can control themselves in using guns, just go ahead. The most important thing is that before getting a gun, a civilian must follow stricts procedure and process conducted by authorized institutions.

In my country, a civilian who wants to get a gun must follow some tests included technical skill test and phsycological test.
User avatar
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Postby Bambang » Sun May 20, 2007 7:34 am

Vinamilk wrote:Actually we cann't say that we don't need weapons... The important thing is that how we control the use of weapon so that crazy guys never have chance to use them


Yeah, i agree with you buddy.
The most important thing is controlling not banning because it is everybody's right to have what they want. As long as it is not used for bad things, WHY not ?
User avatar
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Postby Bambang » Sun May 20, 2007 11:57 am

Hardi wrote:It doesn't matter, if everybody have gun or nobody. The true and greatest weapon is information.


We aren't talking about animals or information, are we?
User avatar
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Postby Bambang » Sun May 20, 2007 12:04 pm

LennyeTran wrote:The same guy who invented a gun got killed by it. Talking about the irony! Let's shift the question a bit further back also, should guns be invented in the first place? :roll:


We can't stop people from inventing anything. It's a human nature to invent and create something.That's the difference between human beings and other creatures. We, human beings have intelligence and ability to do it. So don't go against human nature. The most important thing is how we can use the advance of technology or invention for the sake of mankind.
User avatar
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Postby Bambang » Sun May 20, 2007 12:07 pm

Hardi wrote:
Dixie wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:The same guy who invented a gun got killed by it. Talking about the irony! Let's shift the question a bit further back also, should guns be invented in the first place? :roll:


Of course not! I always say that weapons are the worst invention of humanity. Can you imagine a world without weapons?
You mean girls without beauty at all..... Girls without boobs. No I can't.



The problem is not the weapons themselves. But how we, human beings use them for good purposes.
User avatar
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Postby LTC » Mon May 21, 2007 12:01 pm

bambang wrote:
Vinamilk wrote:Actually we cann't say that we don't need weapons... The important thing is that how we control the use of weapon so that crazy guys never have chance to use them


Yeah, i agree with you buddy.
The most important thing is controlling not banning because it is everybody's right to have what they want. As long as it is not used for bad things, WHY not ?


It depend... Nobody know that when they 'll use it for bad thing. :)


<first post +____+>
LTC
Member
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 3:34 pm
Location: VietNam

No Choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby popeyevn » Wed May 23, 2007 3:08 pm

I think no one have gun is the best. In fact, in Vietnam, Vietnamese don't have any gun and, our life is peaceful. In Vietnam , from the past to now, there aren't any problem about gun. So, i think no gun, no death and we will have a good life
popeyevn
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: No Choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Bambang » Thu May 24, 2007 2:30 pm

popeyevn wrote:I think no one have gun is the best. In fact, in Vietnam, Vietnamese don't have any gun and, our life is peaceful. In Vietnam , from the past to now, there aren't any problem about gun. So, i think no gun, no death and we will have a good life



I think u're really wrong. Can you imagine if Vietnamese people had no guns when they were in war with the US? If it had happened, i'm sure that most of vietnamese people would have died. your country could be free from the US invansion because both militery and civilians had guns to fight back. Do you still think that nobody should have a gun?

C'mon man ! Are sure that nobody in your country has a gun. Sorry man, it really doesn't make sense at all to me.
User avatar
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Re: No Choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby MissLT » Thu May 24, 2007 4:00 pm

bambang wrote:
popeyevn wrote:I think no one have gun is the best. In fact, in Vietnam, Vietnamese don't have any gun and, our life is peaceful. In Vietnam , from the past to now, there aren't any problem about gun. So, i think no gun, no death and we will have a good life



I think u're really wrong. Can you imagine if Vietnamese people had no guns when they were in war with the US? If it had happened, i'm sure that most of vietnamese people would have died. your country could be free from the US invansion because both militery and civilians had guns to fight back. Do you still think that nobody should have a gun?

C'mon man ! Are sure that nobody in your country has a gun. Sorry man, it really doesn't make sense at all to me.

They do use guns, but they're not easy to get, even in the black market. That's why they use knives to kill more, which is more of a slow death to me. My cousin's cousin's acquainted friends cut different parts of his body for pleasure after they stabbed him multiple times. It was the worst time his family had to endure.
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests