EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Reading in English is a waste of time!

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Im here

Postby satisfaction » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:56 am

Thanks bam bang
8)

I will
satisfaction

Postby nightwish » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:20 am

I don't agree with that!

English is an international language. Besides, it's so easy to learn it and great language. :!:
nightwish
Silver Member

you said very good!

Postby openboy » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:42 am

bambang wrote:It's absolutely not. By reading in English, we can enrich our English vocabulary. In addition to that, by reading in English we can get a lot of information because most information and knowledge are written in English . And most importantly, we can broaden our horizon by reading.

So,reading in English is a waste of time? No way !!!

YOU SAID VERY GOOD!
openboy

Postby nhinhilove » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:27 am

"Practise makes perfect" I think that sentence is absolutely right, therfore we have to improve all the skill of English. Reading book is a way. And I don't think it waste my time, when you read, you can find the structure, the words that you forgot or unknown. Book is a friend who is really patient!!! :wink:
nhinhilove

Re: you said very good!

Postby Bambang » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:54 am

openboy wrote:
bambang wrote:It's absolutely not. By reading in English, we can enrich our English vocabulary. In addition to that, by reading in English we can get a lot of information because most information and knowledge are written in English . And most importantly, we can broaden our horizon by reading.

So,reading in English is a waste of time? No way !!!

YOU SAID VERY GOOD!

Thank you my son.

Psychologically speaking, you are a nice boy.
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

I think not

Postby Robert » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:27 am

In my opinion, most of the students in Taiwan learn English with an extremely delicate way! For example, they often look up a dictionary when they don't know what a word means. Or memorize a lot of phrases(Dickson’s phrases or something like that, but they don’t use them in daily conversation. Therefore soon they’ll forget).
And they read just few books! From my perspective, reading a lot can help increase your vocabulary because the same words will appear again and again if you read many.
[/b]
Robert
Silver Member

Re: Hand up!

Postby mamuta » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:00 pm

satisfaction wrote:...there are two kinds of reading.
First kind: That you are reading a news paper, silently, without moving your lips, or hearing your ears.
Second kind: That you are reading carefully and with well pronounciation, and at this kind, i find that i can improving my talking skill, find out new vocabularies, and feel interesting with my new language

Well said! :D I practised both kinds of reading and as for me it works!
mamuta
Gold Member

Postby novatena » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:24 am

In oder to learn english, it's impossible if you do not use english even in reading.
novatena

Re: Reading in English is a waste of time!

Postby swet » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:31 pm

TalkingPoint wrote:Reading in English is a waste of time!

Do YOU agree?

Hi All,

I dont think so that reading in English is a waste of time.Rather reading in any language would never be a waste of time.Everytime you will get something new to learn,to read,which increases your knowledge,skill,ability and many more things.
swet

Postby Tinuss » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:32 pm

How are you around the world? Here in Denmark we are now in full swing after summer holydays - but I have to be better to spell english. This is important.
Tinuss

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion