EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Forest fires

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Forest fires

Postby TalkingPoint » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:38 am

How do you think people who start forest fires should be dealt with?

Please tell us your ideas!
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

Re: Forest fires

Postby bhavatmaj » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:14 am

Firstly it is very hard to find one who deliberately started the forest fire.
And if the guilty one is found, he/she should be fined (heavily) or should be prisoned or should be given ordered to serve in fire department for some time , so that he/she could learn a lesson that how difficult it is to stop uncontrollable fires.
bhavatmaj
Handmade beaded necklace from craftsmen of Indian Villages.
bhavatmaj

Postby Eddie » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:35 pm

First of all, I think it’s actually a crime to start a forest fire. The “ARSON” causing a fire is a serious crime and people who commit the guilty of arson should be sent to prison. However, a fire happened might cause great damage or deaths. Forest fires which were sometimes caused on purpose are extensive and take a lot of time. A forest fire is really more difficult to extinguish than a general fire for firefighters. I think, we know that people who start forest fires should be dealt with now.
Eddie

Postby Eddie » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:59 pm

First of all, a forest fire means that it is any uncontrolled fire that occurs in the wilderness. It always causes a great damage on forest. It means “Arson.”
People who commit the guilty of the arson should be sent to prison.
However, a fire happened might cause great damages or deaths and it ruins everything. Forest fires which are sometimes caused on purpose are extensive and take a lot of time.
It is more difficult to extinguish forest fire for firefighters. To sum up, I think, we all know that people who start a forest fire should be dealt with now.
Eddie

Postby halfknot » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:21 pm

If he intended for setting the forest on fire, I think he/she deserve to be killed as he could have killed many animals and even humans.
I'm posting to improve my English. If you see any grammar/vocabulary mistake in my post, please let me know.
halfknot
Silver Member

Postby Vale » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:06 pm

I don't know why a person deliberately wants to start a fire! It's unacceptable and it doesn't have reasonable reasons!
Vale

Postby ArnauEstanyol » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:11 pm

I think someone who starts a forest fire can be motivated in two ways: economically or mental illness. In the first case the solution is to be a long time in prison and force them to clear forests during his imprisonment. The second case should have a medical response.
ArnauEstanyol
Gold Member

Postby sweethuman » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:11 am

They should be dealth strictly because they are the reason for the natural and local asset destruction. And there is a good income from the forest to a government.
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Return to Talking Point Discussion