Everybody is phobic about something

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

wiktoriasz

Re: Everybody is phobic about something

Post by wiktoriasz »

I think that a lot of people feel fear of something but it isn't a phobia. Phobia is something seriously difficult to deal with it and something that does not allow one to move and etc. In conclusion man is able to overcome the fear but when have phobias man need special treatment. Because not all sitting at the doctor in my opinion not everyone have a phobia.
NaKuzajewska

Post by NaKuzajewska »

When it comes to phobia I claim that people often think that they are phobic about something, but in fact they just afraid on it. In the XXI century people have easy access to websites, they read articles about phobia and think that they really have it, but I think that only doctors say that someone has phobia and then they should treat it, because it can make life really difficult.
justynasta

Post by justynasta »

Firstly we should gloss the concept 'phobia', because actually a lot of people don't know what it is. Phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, usually defined as a persistent fear of an object or situation. This definition was created somehow. It means that people are phobic about something. But is everyone ? In my opinion not everyone is phobic about something. I know some who don't afraid of nothing, but I also know some who fear terribly for example dogs or heights. A few years ago I was phobic about spiders, so I understand people who are phobic.
kowalskidzik

Post by kowalskidzik »

Yes, I think that everybody has a phobia. I do not know a person who would not be afraid of anything. Not long ago we had a lesson on this subject and all the students said that they have phobias. I am personally afraid of spiders. When I see them I have chills. Phobia for spiders is quite common.
OskiDz

Post by OskiDz »

I believe that everybody has a phobia but then it grows . Nowadays I think people often talk themselves into various phobias which do not really have.
KubaKoi

Post by KubaKoi »

No, I don't agree everybody is phobic about something. We are phobic about something, when we panic about something or we can't stand it. I think more people are just afraid of something, they aren't phobic. They feel fear or they panic in some situations, but it isn't phobic. In my opinion everybody is afraid about something, it's normal for me, but everybody isn't phobic about something of course.
klamolga

Post by klamolga »

I strongly believe that everyone have some kind of fears. Contrary to the common opinion the bravest ones usually have also the greatest fears. So how it comes out that they can overcome them? They just acknowledge their weaknesses and face them with courage. In the end of the day fear is an abstract feeling which exist only in our head. So do not lost your head about it!‏
OlaaMej

Post by OlaaMej »

In my opinion - yes. Today every single human has a phobia becouse there is so much of them. Sometimes we don't even know if we are phobic. It's enough to not tolerate something very much and it can be your phobia. For example, I'm typical phobic - I have claustrophobia but my sister starts to panic when she see a spider. For me all our fears are a ours own phobias.
Adifanstal

Post by Adifanstal »

I think every person is scared about something, but in my opinion a phobia is too big word. For example bungee-jumping scares many of people, but this is not a phobia, because it isn's somethink that we can't defeat.
MajaPu

Post by MajaPu »

In my opinion some people are phobic about sth, but not everyone. In my case- I'm phobic about cleaning my hands. I mean, I'm cleaning my hands hundred times by day and I'm talking literally! :D I do it because I have that feeling that I have dirty hands and when I don't wash them I have sth like panic attacks haha ;) I always have with me specially gels for washing hands without water haha ;)
itspaulina

Post by itspaulina »

I don't know if it's true. Phobia is a big word. Sometimes it's just a fear of something. When I was a child I was afraid of Santa Claus.. I know it's the funniest kind of fear ever but it happened to me ;-) I know that everyone is afraid of different things like spiders, thunders or even clowns! Fear is a natural part of being human. I don't say that nobody is phobic but.. Is it always a phobia? I don't think so.. :-)
annmadej

Post by annmadej »

I think that not everyone have a phobic, i think that a lot of people mislead normal fear with phobic. For example i really dont like public speaches but i think that is normal fear like everyone have.
kruwik

Post by kruwik »

In my opinion everybody is phobic about something. Someone is arachnophobic, somebody needs clearly room and other person is afraid of bacteries. I think it is normal thing, but not every phobia is normal!! Some of them impacts on health and it isn't good for us.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Vega wrote:This is a very interesting topic. Here is a list of all phobias http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_phobias
:ok: :ok:
useful! :-)
esl member since 2007
ritzkevin

Post by ritzkevin »

I have my own share of phobias too. Is there someone out there who doesn't have any phobia at all?
Ritz Kevin

Online English teacher/language trainer

Do you want to improve your English or Filipino? I can help. FREE trial

Skype id: housedog1983

Watch my YouTube video: https://youtu.be/iUDpoMJcdso