Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

in / out / up

English grammar help. Grammar questions from ESL learners

Moderator: Alan

in / out / up

Postby suhann » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:02 am


Which one is correct :-

"Fill IN / OUT / UP the form."

TQ! :)
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: Malaysia

Postby googl » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:21 am

Although I'm not a teacher, I'm sure it'll be "fill IN the form" (it means "write some information there"
Silver Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:29 pm
Location: Poland

Postby Alan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:50 am

Fill IN a form - British English.
Fill OUT a form - American English.
They have exactly the same meaning!

('Fill up', however, has a rather different different meaning.)
User avatar
EC Teacher
EC Teacher
Posts: 12042
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: Japan
Status: English Teacher

Return to Grammar Help

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests